1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Kyronix-- Not getting Lighthouse messages

Discussion in 'UHall' started by NuSair, Oct 25, 2013.

1. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This morning ~9:40am Atlantic- Tram- Yew
    ~11:05am Atlantic- Tram- Vesper

In Yew neither my wife nor I received the message.
    In Vesper, my wife got the message and I did not.

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I noticed last night that if I got a drop too sometimes I got no message...... Like the Lighthouse and the drop message sometimes cancel one another out or something.

3. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

You need to be inside the city region when the beacon become vulnerable/invulnerable in order to get the messaging. The Vesper region encompasses all the islands, but nothing on shore. The Yew region encompasses everything just NW of where the Heartwood entrance to just SE of the last hut in the city proper. The mobs spawn in these regions and will go back to their creation locations if brought outside these regions (so someone can't decide they are bringing home a new daemon...). We did identify an issue with the definition of the New Magincia region and a fix for that is in the works.

#3 Kyronix, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Why would the Vesper region not cover on shore when Captains spawn up there?

In Yew, it was at house just east of the Jail.

5. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

You're right. There is a small stretch of land South/Southeast of the Clothier shop on shore near Vesper where they will spawn, apologies as I missed that at first when I looked at the region. The Yew area you described is outside of the Yew City region and mobs don't spawn there.

6. Mr Nice ATLC

Mr Nice ATLC Adventurer

UO regions see to be box like so I am guessing that not ALL areas can be 100%. Having a good time thus far!

7. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

On Yew... are you sure? Because that is where we found and fought the Captain (a bard) with his troops and he never popped back or anything. Here is where I am talking about:
    [​IMG]

As for Vesper, that is where I was when I didn't get the message.

8. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Yup, that location is outside of the city region for Yew. The snap back doesn't occur in real time, so it can take up to a minute before the check occurs to see if they need to go back to where they were created. If you continue to experience issues submit a bug report with locations and cities and we'll have a closer look - the more details the better. Thanks for the report!

9. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thank you! :)

10. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Most of the north-western region of Trinsic doesn't receive the message when the lighthouse becomes vulnerable either.

11. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It has happened to me on New Magincia too.

12. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

its happened to me in skara brae. i was around the tavern.

13. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It's happened to me basically everyplace at least once.

Usually I don't get the message that the lighthouse is vulnerable, but do get the message that it's now invulnerable.

I've had not dissimilar issues with such messages in the past, however. Every once in a great while I'm quite sure I've never gotten a "you have gotten an artifact" message." So I just figured that whatever was causing one also was causing the other.

Problem is it's so hard to discern "I haven't gotten a message" (which has definitely happened, I'm 100% sure of it) from "I haven't noticed a message in the thick of the fighting" (which also has happened....and more often).

-Galen's player

14. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm in the enhanced client and didn't see it at all last night in Minoc. Does the message go to a certain tab that I don't have visible? Like maybe it only goes to the system messages and I didn't have that tab selected?

-Lorax

15. xxrod17xx

xxrod17xx Adventurer

I think i might know what the issue is here, if you kill the captain that spawns the lighthouses vulnerability, you get the message...if you are out with another group or killing another mob I don't seem to get it.