1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

@Kyronix SOT/SOA/PS Books - Request

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RueTor, Nov 23, 2014.

1. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The question below got buried in the new pub release post, but is valid request for a lot of players especially with the trader quests. Can we make the new books function within a characters pack or bank box just like BOD/rune books?

Or... allow us housing on multiple shards like the original UO days? Just a little 7x7 would be nice. :rolleyes:

"...Sinder Shayde said: Question, regarding the new power scroll books / alacrity and Transcendence books.....any chance we could add scrolls to them if in our bank box as well as locked down in a house? I do have chars who play many shards and not all of them have houses, so I find myself at times living out of my bank box....being able to add scrolls I earn would be great..."

Olahorand and Uvtha like this.
  2. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Backpacks, No. Banks, Yes. Allowing them to be used in backpacks would be unfair to fel players on risk v's reward during champ spawns and t-maps when attacked and being looted. Bank use would be awesome though.

Kayhynn, RueTor, Olahorand and 3 others like this.
  3. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I say no to backpacks. Bank boxes IMO would be fine. I would just settle for BOD books working like SoT and PS books. Let them be 1 item not 125 when full.

4. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

No backpacks - they will be abused doing spawns. But, I agree on banks.

Olahorand likes this.
  5. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

I wouldnt mind banks at all, but def not backpacks...

Olahorand likes this.
  6. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Banks, yes.

Backpacks, no.

Olahorand likes this.
  7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I agree and a resounding NO to having them work in backpacks... again I side with that being bad for Fel and champ spawns.... but working at the Bank would be just fine.

Though to all those who are talking about not being able to do things on another shard.. just get another account like everyone else and pay the monthly fee..... course you could do what some do and play the roulette with paying once every 3 months... but I wish there were some huge penalty for that. I pay for 9 accounts every month... that should earn me more than a wee vet reward or two every year IMO since I don't play the pay only 4X a year for a service I use 12 months of the year.

Olahorand and Parnoc like this.
  8. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

Bank - yes
    Backpacks - no
    Secured containers - yes

Olahorand and Dot_Warner like this.
  9. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

In general... allow use in safe logout areas like using soulstones. There is already code to verify this.

Olahorand and Dot_Warner like this.
  10. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

+1 for allowing use while in a bank box or secure container!

Olahorand likes this.
  11. Mandrake of DF

Stratics Veteran

So, a camper can use them quickly on a champ spawn? Even a human can do that with joat. Id say u need bank box or home.

cazador likes this.
  12. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You mean like "earning" you the ability to play all of the characters on those accounts any day of the month?

IMO there is nothing wrong with those who pay every third month to keep an extra house. That is the way the rules are, and those people are playing/paying by the rules. Taking this option away would do nothing but cause people to never pay for those accounts that are only being used to hold extra houses. This would be a big reduction in revenue to UO. They may only pay every third month, but they only get FULL use of their accounts every third month. If you pay every month, you get FULL use of your account. Simple as that.

HoneythornGump likes this.
  13. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

I always found, that it is an unfriendly treatment, that so many gifts, rewards and store items can only be used if locked down in (own) house.
    The current top in this context is the misbehavior of the Kings Collection items, which allows a coowner to place the things like paintings but requires the house owner to collect from them (and this account needs the Kings Collection entitlement too ... which is still not even available in German Origin store).
    Or all the deeded items ... Why can a mining cart not work in bankbox or backpack? Why can woodworkers bench bonus not be available to crafters without a home? Why can the gadgetry table only deliver the golem to the house owner, not even to the reward owner, if he coowns the house?
    Why has the ligthhouse to use the moving crate, instead of the ship owners bank or pack? And why it cannot be used without an own or coowned house on the shard again?
    Only a few out of many such issues ...

14. Mandrake of DF

Stratics Veteran

You have to set security level to it. You can set security to anyone - then anyone can get a golem from it. By default it is set to house owner only, but the placer can change the security level.

15. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Good point on backpacks.... Scratch the backpack idea unless it is implemented like soulstone useage (minus any camp site abuse). I'm still ok with the extra house idea too... :lick:

16. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

The placer does not get any security dialog - I just demolished one as a coowner with an axe and placed it again.
    Edit: But you are right, after moving to another house and trying there the house owner could set the security level.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

17. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

I vote for bank usage of the different scroll books.

18. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

My .02.

SOT/Alacrity/PS Books
    * Work to add/remove while in bank box
    * Allow you to price items and work on vendors like bod books

Bod Books
    * Work in bank boxes
    * Allow mass pricing for any selected filter
    * Allow Alpha sort
    * Work like SOT/Alacrity/PS books with 300 bods per lockdown

Now wouldn't we all enjoy this??? Now THAT would be some finally useful books.

Requiring a house to use these new books is stupid. I don't have a house on the 10 shards I play. They need to work in a bank box period.

Olahorand likes this.