1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Labyrinth of Worlds future expansion?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lore Master, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

I know it is way too early to ask for this but can we eventually one day down the road get a Labyrinth of Worlds expansion one day after we get a pirate expansion please Devs thanks? here is a link if anyone is interested in learning about Ultima under world 2 Labyrinth of Worlds the sequel to Ultima Underworld The Stygian Abyss I hope you like. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Underworld_II:_Labyrinth_of_Worlds

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*notes that only level 1 of the underworld has been implemented*

(still lots and lots of IP left to mine there before needing to move on to the next game)

3. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

so your saying that your opening more parts of the underworld in the future? if so that's cool the bigger the better. I wonder how many levels there will be. Still one day i hope to see A labyrinth of world expansion too but no rush.

4. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*does a double-take at that wording*

( It's not my decision, just my observation :) )

5. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

I meant so I take it your opening new levels of Stygians Abyss.

6. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oh...if only maplestone had that power :)

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm still killing Bouras, Maple ... lol ;P

:danceb:

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

erm, Maplestone is Stratics staff, not EA's.

9. Sabbath

Sabbath Guest

I KNEW Maplestone was holding out on us! Ok, man, give us the damn metal dye tub and flying carpet! Oh and make everything hi-rez! :lick:

10. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yknow, I just don't think it would work as well as UW1, especially since the "worlds" would just be constricted dungeons, since nothing outside of the locations used in the game was ever pictured, detailed, or explained, aside from stories from a few characters that dont tell much.

11. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'd be a lot nicer to him if he did. Well, moderately nicer. I'm only capable of so much. :p

12. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Much like the gargoyle lands from U6 were confined to a tiny village which has been expanded to Ter Mur? (there was a lot of concern before SA that Ter Mur would further dilute the population, but there's not a lot of discussion about that since it was released)

There are lots of possible ways that mini-worlds could be used - as something that falls between a dungeon and a full-fledged facet. Outside of event arcs, UO has always been very light on story-telling relative to other MMORPGs: the worlds simply exist and we project our own stories onto it rather than having trapped-in-time-loop quests hand-fed to us.

A lot of what happens in the next era depends on exactly what the devs decide the role of the Guardian will be (we are approaching his era) - will he exist at all in an avatar-free universe? Will he simple be another boss monster trotted out for a story arc? Or will the devs use him as something different and new, as a device to ask us hard questions about how we want to shape the worlds we live in.

13. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Wait ... you weren't being nice? :sad3:

14. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Probably, but I can always be nicer. My ratio is like 90% nice/10% mean. I think I've hit just about every regular here with that 10% from time to time. :D

15. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

So...on top of the pirate and labyrinth add on, you will implement a story arc for the avatar and guardian? That'll be great Maplestone! You are adding flying carpets too right?

What are these expansion planned for?

I'll be holding you to your words you know! Kekeke