1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Lady Pheonix's Museum on Ice Island..GONE!

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by Jirel of Joiry, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was over there just now and ran the whole island.

Its gone!

What happened to it? I thought it was to stay as memorial to Lady Pho??

2. Annienox

Annienox Guest

I'm not sure where it was. I have never seen it, so I guess I am of no help to you. Sorry Hun. Its sad that things like that don't stay where they are suppose to.

3. :( The Castle itself is owned by someone named DiLLiGaF who is selling it...

Here's where it is though...

[​IMG]

Not sure if it went IDOC or what but that's is Dar's castle spot. Very sad indeed. Tim said he would continue to pay for the account so the castle would remain but who knows what happen in these tough times, maybe he couldn't afford it anymore...or maybe seeing the Ultima Online bill on his card every month was just to painful a reminder that she's not around anymore :/.

There are still many things out there to remember her by however.

4. Jirel of Joiry

Yeah the castle for sale is what got Di/Luc's attention she was the one who realized it was it was Lady Phoenix's castle.

We talked about buying the Castle and trying to put it back the way Lady Pho had it but it'd never be the same. It hurts so much. the last converstion I had with her was in that castle.

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

sad to see it go, Jirel, and won't be the same strolling by there, that's for sure

we all have such wonderful memories of Ghostie... we hold them in our hearts that she is always a part of all things Legends

6. Luc of Legends

Luc of Legends Seasoned Veteran

I went to see how the auction/sale of the castle was going. I took one my walks an notice this house in front of the castle..

[​IMG]

Not sure if it always been there or not.. Well we still have a little more of Dar around. :)

Luc

7. In order for it to have remained, someone would have had to pay the monthly fee.

8. Jirel of Joiry

I would have gladly paid.

I'm sure there are others that would have as well.

Sorc you might want to note what tov posted:

So if Tim couldn't pay for it or didn't want it anymore there are plenty of people on this shard that would have bought the account and maintain the Museum.

But what is done is done. The museum is gone just as she is and we can't bring either one back. :sad4:

9. jradar71

jradar71 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have been bidding on this castle and when I found out that this was Lady Pheonix's place I took it a step further. I spoke with the new owner via ICQ and have been speaking to this person for about a week now. I briefly explained how important it was to the server to keep this castle and the contents inside. I also offered a very large amount in hopes that I would end this and be able to put most of the castle back to its original state.

The new owner responded by saying that he "placed" the castle and that the items inside are from him. When I said that I would still buy the castle... "just name your price" there was no response. After a few moments he responded with "there is a skywalk"? The manor in which this statement was made would make me believe that he did not place this skywalk.

Does anyone know if it was there prior to him? If so.. then he did not place the castle. In any case you can't get a straight answer from this person on anything and he clearly is not selling the castle... just having fun with everyone apparently.

Sadly.. I have done all I can do. Back to the search for a castle.. sigh :(

10. Cripple H

Cripple H Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I've walked by that castle many times when I used to live on that island. It was always nice to take a walk through its halls... I suppose the best thing any of us can hope to do is recover what items we can and give them a loving home.

11. jerseyboy

jerseyboy Guest

i actually wondered over there right before it was placed, and tried to place myself and then suddenly the castle apeared and dilagaf was standing outside i would be the owner if i was just a tad bit sooner, i seen him place the castle, in fact i thought he placed it just because he saw me trying to place, thought he was just tryin to grief me but this guy is only interested in trading this castle for a castle in fel, as far as i understand

12. Blesh

Blesh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

he sounds the type where, should you not be smart about your dealings, he would end up with two castles.

here's a few screen caps of her castle intact. </3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

Well, I was very saddened to she her castle go; she so enjoyed decorating it. But I think to lament to much about her castle falling is to forget what she meant to the game; for Dar the game was about playing with friends not about the items she collected. All those hours camping IDOCs with her the game was fun even if we didn't get much loot. So again let's not dwell on her castle, lets remember the joy she brought to our world; She gave so much of her time to make the game fun for others.

14. DGgnome

DGgnome Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I remember when I was still a noob, she and I would hang in-game IDOCing, used to be fun.

15. Jirel of Joiry

Thank you Thunder. :hug::smooch: Sometimes when I least expect it you say the most profound things. You made me think of the lyrics to Garth Brooks' "The Dance" For those that don't know them here they are:

I think Garth Brooks was right when he said "The Dance" is more than just a love gone wrong song. Its about life both the good and the bad.
    "I could have miss the pain..." ; Yeah I think we all would have like to skip the painful goodbye we had to say to Dar. "..but I'd have had to miss the dance"; to skip the painful stuff also means there wouldn't have been the good stuff too. Meeting Dar in game and getting to know her I wouldn't have missed that for the world.

I'm gonna stop right here being all profound cause I'm um getting all um misty eyed and stuff. Its just hard seeing her castle/Museum gone but we got something better than all the castle in UO....Our memories. No one can take those away and as long as we carry them in our hearts Dar is always with us.

16. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I always smiled when I came across her castle. :)