1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

LAG, LAG, LAG, LAAAAAG...!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Drizzt Do'Urden, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Oh my god, what is going on with Europa server??? I am talking with players from all over the europe who are playing in Europa server and everybody is complaning about lag for about 1 week...!!!!! It is very annoying to have lag evrytime you log in. Where are those EA stuff to take care of this issue??

2. Altpersona

Altpersona Guest

I can agree. When logging in it says I ping at 54 but I know for a fact it's atleast double that after I log in since the update.

3. Barian

Barian Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No lag here....................:party:

4. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I haven't had any significant lag, outside of local network issues, in a long time.
    Probably busy tubes in whatever direction you're connecting from.

Try running a traceroute to europa.owo.com.
    Heavy lag should show up as hops with High pings, or high packet loss (although 100% packet loss would indicate that that particular hop just isn't responding to pings, rather than indicating a problem at that hop).

5. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It was my suggestion that Drizzt should post here. The reason behind it is that we have guildies from all over the world and most of them are having horrible lag spikes, myself included. And when I say all over the world, I'm talking from USA to Russia and a fair few countries in between; we can't ALL be connecting from the same direction! This is also showing up as a problem with other folks I've spoken to, also from all over the place. My own ping when I logged in this evening was showing at 109.

6. hi all,
    I used online help to talk directly someone from EA about this lag issue. The guy suggest me to use traceroute thing :)) I did it and find out there are 3 problematic points which lag my game. OK, now I know i am passing through 16 servers before i reach the game server and some of them may have slow response..!! But what is the solution??? Knowing the problem in detail doesn't solve my problem :)))) I knew there were some problems in somewhere before (it was obvious because of lag :)), now I know the names and the ip numbers of 16 points which may lag my connection :))) but what i can i do about them??? the guy from EA suggest me to discuss this issue with my ISP..!!! so silly, everytime the location which has slow response changes.!! so what.?? Should I make a phone connection with my ISP and ask them to check each and every IP number that I go through while I am playing?? weired :)))
    Cailleach, thnx again for your advise may be somebody read this and decides to take an action about the problem :)))

7. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yeah, theres nothing EA can help you with - your ISP is the one to talk to. I complained to mine a few years back, and since many others also complained they changed their provider through some countries.