1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Stratics is pleased to introduce a community Article Management System (AMS) to the forums! AMS allows users to contribute articles about profession templates, houses, pvp, or a variety of other topics. This is a great way to showcase your ideas that require more space than a typical thread. Our staff can also feature articles and promote threads into articles (when appropriate). We are pretty excited about this feature and hope you will be too. It will allow the community another way to express themselves and contribute to the growth of the game and community! For information on how to submit an article, read this article.
  3. We've put our heads together to simplify the Rules of Conduct (ROC) from 23 items down to 8. We hope that the new ROC will be more intuitive and easier to remember. This should also help us to improve our moderation by focusing on fewer items. We are always striving to make Stratics better and to encourage communication and participation. We think that you'll be happy for this improvement. Thanks for being here.

(Question) Lag via a USB modem

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Dodger, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Dodger

Dodger
    Expand Collapse
    Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hi,

I was thinking of rejoining the game again after a few years away but am now overseas and only have access to a laptop with a USB modem, I wonder if anyone has the same setup and how bad is the lag?

Thanks

2. Hardy

Hardy
    Expand Collapse
    Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If I was you I would just create a trial account and test it. saves the £10 subs to find it unplayable

It would be difficult to gage the lag without knowing where you are and what the ping is to euro

3. Dodger

Dodger
    Expand Collapse
    Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

In Australia, any way to check?

I would love to get back on Europa but do not have a phone line connection as I am travelling all over the country. Would there be any other way to connect?:sad2:

4. Serine

Serine
    Expand Collapse

i got around 400m/s to oceania witch i think its australia . so i would think you would get that from australia to europa maby even more .