1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

LAG What to do about it?

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Gladius, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Gladius

Gladius Guest

I spent most of the whole day today at home or at the bank. I noticed a lot of folks were there too.

Is there a particular reason as to why LAG is so bad today? The GM's don't seem to mind giving a more lucid explanation to the situation aside from the usual re-direct to a link.

Well is there a way to beat it really I would be interested to hear views on the matter. And it's only Catskill for me any other shard runs fast and furious more so at Balhae. Are some shards favored to suffer less LAG thn other's?

Just curious.

2. 4th3ist

4th3ist Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Jan 18, 2004
    Perhaps you're getting so much lag because the bank is full of so many people? I know personally that I get my worst lag when running through thick crowds of people standing around showing off. I'm not afflicted with any serious lag personally on 2D or KR. When my client crashes and I reboot the game (wether I wait or reload immediately) I'm usually afflicted with some pretty nasty lag and 5-step-skip 5-step-skip stickiness for about five minutes, but then it clears itself up.

I guess one can only speculate the problem. Where is you're lag the worst? What do you do before experiencing it? Is it immediately after logging in? It's hard to diagnose a problem without any explanation.