1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Lag

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Speaking the Truth, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Speaking the Truth

Speaking the Truth Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Are a lot of people still lagging really bad until about 12am est?

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If there were a lot of people I'm sure we'd see a lot of posts about it.

3. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

There have been dozens of threads. Don't be so condescending.

Yes, lag is still going strong. A fix would be nice finally. Maybe a reply?

4. Nope. No lag that I've been able to see.

5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Where? This is the only thread I've seen. And I wasn't trying to be condescending.

6. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

oh yea

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1421449#post1421449

and it has been talked about extensively through ea support for almost 2 months, to no avail.

alot of ppl on another forum i visit are talking about this as well, but aren't voicing the problem

7. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

It's just so ridiculous. I don't understand how they can't fix it. Just doesn't make sense to me.

8. I'm experiencing a bit of lag/loss of connection but I'm contributing it to the fact that I'm using a MiFi connection using cell phone networks.

9. Heartseeker

Heartseeker Guest

Yes.

EC runs poorly for me.

During the open Beta it ran better.

Sad thing is, KR ran way better for me.

If 2D was full screen I would be ok with it, but it's to small on my monitor.

10. Cadderly

Cadderly Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'm also one of those players that have been patiently waiting for the lag to get fixed again. The same thing happened last year and it took a couple weeks and got fixed. Now I'm going on a couple months. I didn't even bother buying SA because I wouldn't enjoy playing it with a pause every five steps and crashes every few minutes. Can't complain to much though with every day not being able to play is one more day closer to ending my uo addiction. *twitches*

11. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Same here man, same here. been dealing with customer service on it for about 2 months to no avail. No one seems to think the ping times are a big deal.

12. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Fair few of us getting horrendous lag spikes, and have been for a couple of months. And we're all playing from different countries; USA, UK, Norway, Russia, Belgium, Sweden, etc etc. It's very bizarre because while I'm lagging like you wouldn't believe, my husband, playing on his lap top on the same connection, has no problems at all and vice versa. I'm not any kind of techie except maybe a dufus, but that, along with all the other people who are suffering the same problem but from different countries, says to me that this is a problem at EA's end, since that's the common denominator here. Oh, and we're playing Europa, if that helps any :)

13. kokopelli

kokopelli Guest

Yeah I can confirm that.
    Login lag - sometimes it sits at "entering" so long that when I finally get in the desktop is all messed up; not sure but I think if it takes too long the 2d client reverts to some default layout or something?
    And recall lag - sometimes it takes 30s+ for the recall to kick in and move me toon.
    However once I am logged in (or a recall goes through) there is no unusual lag running around and doing stuff...
    Btw, Atlantic that is.

14. Randy(Mals)

Randy(Mals) Guest

bump You guys have time to fix plants on napa now fix some lag issues.