1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

laging! anyword yet on this?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Storm, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have been experiencing terrible lag this is the same lag that hit a few weeks ago and seemed to be fixed and reappeared for me 2 weeks ago! it starts at about 8-9 am pst and runs till about 10pm pst !

I have run trace routes and polls and it seems to be the same problem hops as others are having problems with!
    has anyone heard anything from The uo team?are they aware?
    this has made the game almost unplayable for me I can either play in the middle of the night or just sit in location like my house and craft! while this is ok sometimes it would be nice to be able to actually do other things!

and it seems to be just the central shards ! the west coast shards are great !less than 50 ms central is well over 200ms:(

2. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have trouble alot trouble intermitantly when playing on Sonoma. Comes and goes. Illbe running great...then all of a sudden I start locking up...barely move. Always happens at the worst times as well. If has any relevance...I live in the midwest.

Will try to run some trace routes when happens and post results here.

Edit: Storm...you dont happen to paintball do you?? Theres a paintball team somewhere around here in Oklahoma/Texas area that is named storm and avatar looks really familiar...

3. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I am still having a problem with dropped connection. I can't do anything fun because I'm afraid I will lose connection and die.

4. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Im glad I dont have that problem. Main thing bugging me is when there is not good PvP action I am not lagging at all. When it all gets going...I start lagging like crazy. That or when I happen to be gathering ingredients for imbueing...grrrr....

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

nope no paint ball here I am in Oregon

6. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Are you in Oklahoma?
    I am from Tulsa and my entire family is down there. I miss it :(
    I actually went to OSU but I root for OU.
    Go Sooners!!!

7. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't personally have any lag at all lately, but there are people that I play with that won't even log on. One of my guys normally pings 110 which is bad enough, but sometimes he spikes to 620.

I felt it the last time everyone was complaining when I had cable. I've since switched to DSL and I ping 30 to east coast and under 60 to west coast, without any real hiccups.

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I could deal with 110 but over 200 is a no deal ! I would switch shards to pacific except I will not pay 140$ to switch my characters ! if they want to offer free shard change tokens I would switch now ! I would miss friends on ls but as it stands I cant play anyway so....