1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Lake Austin Events, why are there so few?

Discussion in 'UO Lake Austin' started by Demonous, May 6, 2011.

1. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The last actual lake austin event was on February 26th...

the events after that which were the magincia event "of ends and new beginnings" where we fought all the virtuebane and "the hunt begins" to get easter items are both global events, meaning they were conducted on every shard

there has not been a lake austin only event in 2 1/2 months which is not really fair to the players, i understand that you are by yourself doing events and most shards have 2 EMs, but is it really so much to ask for 1 a month? i mean thats 12 a year, really not a large amount

2. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i agree. one event for our shard this season? others have had so many arcs.Maybe the em needs to reevaluate his time schedule and maybe pass the torch to someone who has the time to properly put in at least 1 a month / or every 2 weeks....

3. Prime.

Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I'm going to sound careless, but I really don't mind there not being any events on Lake Austin.

First and foremost, I did bring it up to the past 3 event moderators that Lake Austin has had that I work evenings when they usually do the events and pretty much got the same "We'll see what we can do response" and never hearing from them again. I realize that I'm just one player, but I know a few people that actually play Lake Austin have brought it up to the EM's as well.

Lake Austin is my only shard, and I've only been able to attend one EM event here since the programs been back. That one event I do believe only one player that actually plays Lake Austin got an EM item the rest sold them for gold or x-fered them to there home shard. Kind of lame in my opinion.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Which event was this?

5. Armed4Fun

Armed4Fun Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Pretty sure its the painting that dropped for me. the only event weve had shard specific, the sir markham( maybe) event line. even tho most items get xferred away,after all we only have very few public museums n private who knows,id like more ppl comming to LA to visit and run around killing things. i like to say yea thats an LA item from an awesome event when i see em or over hear wheres that from? LA!

Stryder

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I know that in Pallando's last event, where there were monsters running around with our names on them (I killed two named for my character, and one named for Arwen), I got 2 sashes, and gave one of them to Arwen.