1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

language problem....

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by arkanos, Aug 19, 2008.

1. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hi,
    I just recently moved from Austria to Germany (just in case someone does not know: language in both countries is german).
    After downloading uo from the source posted on uo.com (not fileplanet, the first option) and starting the game I realized that I suddenly have a german version of the game. This has never happened in Austria when I previously downloaded and patched the game.

Not only are the german translations terrible (very "childish") but also I am having huge problems to recognize some things and adapt (I am playing since 98).
    Does anyone know if I can simply change the language somehow? Or do i have to download a different version?
    I wasnt given any option when downloading btw.

Thanks a lot,

Hephaistos of Europa

2. By any chance is your Windows platform in German? UO could be using the "localized" settings of your PC.

If this is the case, you'd need to switch to English for UO and then back to German after logging.

3. ich bin auch ein deutsch sprechender^^, aber ein echter deutscher, wenn du bods holst in der deutschen version, klappt das mit den bodbooks und den lbods zum beispiel nicht wirklich, musst immer die bods rausholen um genau zu sehen, welches es ist.

in der uo.cfg kannste es umstellen, ich suche dir eben mal die textzeile raus, damit die sprache englisch ist und nicht mehr deutsch.

so.. da ist es:

uo.cfg mit nem editor öffnen und in dem kleinen block wo "clientfirstlaunch" "AccID=XXX" steht, einfach die zeile:

UserLanguageCodeString=ENU

ersetzen, oder falls nicht vorhanden rein kopieren. ENU ist englische version.

4. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

thank you both, T-Amon was correct. Works after changing settings!