1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Price Check] Lantern of Light (ATL and LS)

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Demon Wind, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Demon Wind

Demon Wind Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I was wondering if these lanterns could be possibly rare. They were obtained from the turn in of doom drops. Just looking for some general info and only have 2 of each lantern. Thanks for any help and any price suggestions If i decide to sell.

#1 Demon Wind, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  2. Demon Wind

Demon Wind Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Any Info is appreciated

3. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

Seems like most lanterns of light have been selling around 20m. There's still enough Doom artis around, and you can always claim on a newly named/renamed char, so the particular name doesn't seem to be affecting price much yet.

4. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Lanterns of light are very hard to price. I made several when the event was active, but wish i made more. The doom arties seem impossible to find now. i havent seen any for the past few months when i check every couple days (except the "ghost" vender search ones that show up on search but arent really there)

Its basically like AOS reward named stuff and roses. a matter of if someone likes the name or not. Im also not entire sure if we'll be able to get more doom arties for turn in this year, or if it will be something different. Kyronix wasnt entirely clear what form the event would take this year, he did say rewards would be updated annually.

I have several lanterns myself that have names that could be very popular, but am waiting to see what form the event will take this october. i wouldnt want to rip anyone off if their able to be made easily again, and i also wouldnt want to cut myself short if it turns out all we have now are all we're gonna get.

My question is, should this be considered a rare currently? More can be created, but what you need to create them can not, but we also dont know if they will be spawning upcoming season. As they exist right now, im leaning towards a rare but not entirely sure.

I sold 1 lantern of light as a rare because it had a name you cant create. King Blackthorn. Alot of people have Mesanna but havent seen many characters with the King Blackthorn name. That one sold for 75m to a lantern collector (who was fully aware of how it was created)

So dunno if my info helps on a pricecheck at all, but may help you to determine a price to set for it that you would be happy letting it go for.

#4 Smoot, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  5. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

pricing them is speculative right now because the doom artis are supposed to drop again this year but nobody knows what rewards will still be there to choose. if they remove the lantern as a choice then they will go up, especially those will cool names.

6. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

Personally, I'd say yes, it's a "non-spawning" rare. We can make new slime or europa-hued clothing, but once all that cloth is gone, it's gone. Tangle and marble, you can still get new cloth, so those I'd call "spawning", unless that hue's on something otherwise unobtainable.

@Restless, didn't they say that the dungeon would change away from Doom each year?

Scott and Smoot like this.
  7. Xavier-Catskills

Xavier-Catskills Seasoned Veteran

I would also hide the name of the latern so others dont make new toons and start flooding the market with same name. I got a few neat unique names that people should appreciate down the line and will make em more valuable, but its artifical value that can change if other people have same name/idea as you. just my two cents

8. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i never read that the drops would be in different dungeons each year, but it could have said that and i just missed it. i just remember it saying that it would be turned on again this year

9. Demon Wind

Demon Wind Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you all for Info and Advice

Smoot likes this.