1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Laptop Charger question...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HillBilly, Jul 27, 2009.

1. HillBilly

HillBilly Guest

I bought a cheap replacement charger for my laptop because I kinked up the old one and broke a wire. Stripped it down and soldered it but thought I would get an extra just for the heck of it.

All specs are the same except the input amperage is 2.3. My old one was 1.5A.

It works but I was just curious if there will be any problems down the road with the amp difference or if I should be OK since its rated higher.

2. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

two words fire hazard, seriously get the right charger and don't use the frayed one or the incorrect amperage one. AC power is fairly forgiving for a few hours or possibly longer but there is a grave danger in what you are doing
  3. HillBilly

HillBilly Guest

Thanks for reply.

Its all good. I called Toshiba. This charger is fine to use. It draws more power in, but output volts and amps are the same.