1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

last .1 of carto....

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by imported_captainobvious, Apr 13, 2008.

1. having a bit of a problem on this last gain. i seem to keep opening adeptly, cleverly no problem, but also with no gains. so i tried deviously and ingenious.... but all i keep getting is " you cannot make anything of this".... is there something i specifically need to do to get this last gain????

2. Prudentis

Prudentis Guest

Deviously and up are GM only.
    You will have to go with cleverly drawn and hope for the last gain.
    But I was thinking, what about the new two map types over world map ...
    They are 90+, won't they take you all the way to GM now?

EDIT: of course cleverly not adeptly (my mistake)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

you have to stick with tattered cleverly drawn maps....MUSt be tattered...must be cleverly. If your character is close to Max the GGS timer is about 36 hrs between gains I believe. SO give it 2 days since your last gain...go decode 2 tattered cleverly drawn maps...and you will be done!

good luck
    TW

4. excellent, thanks for the help. ill give it a try.

5. Avalonia

Avalonia Guest

<blockquote><hr>

having a bit of a problem on this last gain. i seem to keep opening adeptly, cleverly no problem, but also with no gains. so i tried deviously and ingenious.... but all i keep getting is " you cannot make anything of this".... is there something i specifically need to do to get this last gain????

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop working it for 2 days and GGS should kick in. I am not even sure why people would even do the decoding method now since you can simply go get satyred. You could try the satyre trick. I remember getting that last gain being a pain for me also when I used to work cartography.

6. Avalonia

Avalonia Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Deviously and up are GM only.
    You will have to go with cleverly drawn and hope for the last gain.
    But I was thinking, what about the new two map types over world map ...
    They are 90+, won't they take you all the way to GM now?

EDIT: of course cleverly not adeptly (my mistake)

[/ QUOTE ]

You can actually get gains from level 2 maps on up....they don't have to be cleverly. I believe that 99.6 might be a hard cap that is in place so that you have to decode maps. If not, then it should be possible to just make the new maps to get to 100.

7. Prudentis

Prudentis Guest

I checked again and the new maps (south and east maps) can only be done, if you decoded at least one deviously map. Since this is only possible if you are GM allready, you won't be able to gain on them at all [​IMG]

8. Alekslandr

Alekslandr Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It obviously still works. I did it yesterday. Sure, the maps were "indecipherable" but after getting discorded by a satyr and following him around I did the last .5 with about 500 scrolls...

9. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

Same thing here.I hit 99.5,than grabbed 350 blanks and went to the wield.After being discorded I hit GM in about 5 minutes. 5 gains at 72.something went very fast.