1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

last night I beat Aladdin down just ouside of Moonglow town...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Derium of ls, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

2. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I recently posted it in the christmas music thread :) (not a single person commented about it though :( )

3. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

what!!! we must ban together and 'learn a lesson or two' to the people who shun such awesome music sir.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

5. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I've always been of multiple minds about these songs, for my part.

On the one hand, too many of them are in essence smack-talking. The only one I can think of right now is "Chain Lightning Crashes," but I'm pretty sure there were more than that. "Chain lightning crashes, a role-player dies, her possessions fall to the floor."

On the other hand, not all of them were such, many of them were quite funny ("We were banned From Trinsic, just for having a little fun.....") and affectionate towards the game, and (most important of all) the fact that they were recorded at all speaks worlds for the dedication, talent, and creativity of UO players, and our attachment to our hobby.

-Galen's player

6. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

:heart:I love UO Parody songs!:heart:

My sis and I have tried writing a few ourselves and its much harder than you might think. However we've come up with some great ideas like "Loot Scootin' Boogie" (parody of "Boot Scootin Boogie") about idocing.

Tov has posted a bunch of parodies he's written on UOForums.

I'd love to collect the songs both the written and recorded ones and host them in one place.

I have Midas' songs on my ipod nothing like a good UO laugh while rolling down the highway. Now if only recall worked in RL I wouldn't have to sit in stupid bumper to bumper traffic! :D