1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tailoring] Lately I come across this .... .... ....

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by LOTR, Mar 28, 2013.

1. LOTR

LOTR Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

i have a very technical question regarding reforging for you. Lately, I come across this vendor which sells armor pieces like these below:

Invigorating Leather Hiro Sode
    HPR 3
    MR 2
    LRC 20
    14/11/13/12/11

Mystic Leather Sleeves
    MR 3
    LMC 7
    LRC 20
    15/11/13/13/10

Leather Gorget of Sorcery
    MR 3
    LMC 7
    LRC 20
    15/10/13/12/11

Leather Leggings of Restoration
    MR 3
    LMC 7
    LRC 20
    15/14/12/11/10

These are just some of the pieces. They are all powdered to the max and they are imbued and reforged as well. Did you notice the resist add up to at least 61? And they are quite evenly weighted, at least 10 resist on each element.

The question is how you get those resist? How to make sure you get MR 3? What kind of runic kit you think is used? I manage to somehow get the MR 3 by using spined kit to reforge with Powerful Re-forging & Grand Artifice with Inspired Artifice.

Even with that, the resist is still at its lowest. I strongly do not think on enhancing it because it can destroy the item. Even if i enhance it with barbed leather, the total resist is around 51.

#1 LOTR, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    kRUXCg7 likes this.
  2. Padre Dante

Padre Dante Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My guess is they are doing the following:
    1. craft pieces in normal leather, looking for 1 (or 2) resists to be as low as possible (i.e. no Arms Lore bonus in those categories)
    2. Reforge, looking for anything that results in MR3
    3. PoF up to 255
    4. Imbue LMC, LRC, and 1 (or 2) resists
    5. Purchase reforged metal tool from uo.com ($1 per use)
    6. Enhance with horned or barbed leather, using reforged metal tool (no failures)
    I didn't look up the actual weights, so it's possible they are using non-normal leather from the beginning and not using the tool at the end.

3. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

Whatever you wrote, I can't read too small black text on dark-grey Stratics background :-(

4. pumpkin_escobar

pumpkin_escobar Journeyman

Just highlight it

5. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I make stuff like this and would not waste forge tool! here is how you do it craft alot of plain leather armor lookng for the nice resist spread items then you reforge a heap with spined kits for mr 3 invigorateing /restoration then you just enhance no tool expect some fails but 2 or 3 in 10 will enhance up then pof imbue the thing

6. bryndamor

bryndamor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

pof, imbue, then enhance for better range on imbued resists.

#6 bryndamor, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013