1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Latest KR patch - 813MB???

Discussion in 'UHall' started by davebobbit, Feb 16, 2008.

1. davebobbit

davebobbit Guest

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but i though i would just vent my bewilderment at the size of this latest patch for KR.

The size alone wouldnt really be a problem as I am on 8MB broadband, but EA's hosting servers/bandwidth must be overloaded or something because after over an hour of downloading its still less than 10% finished.

If we are to have such huge patches, could they please be hosted on servers so that those of us who are lucky enough to be able to download such content can actually do so without having to wait as if we had dial-up?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah see 10mbps when connecting to EA's servers is like 50kbps... Can you download this anywhere else? LOL... The devs are too busy playing with their super dragons, pet balls, and wolf form.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I've not had this problem.
    Perhaps your ISP is having trouble?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Perhaps it's because of those Ninja/Stealth/Tamers/Pet Ballers... That's probably it.

5. davebobbit

davebobbit Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I've not had this problem.
    Perhaps your ISP is having trouble?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if i pop onto download.com for example and download a random software demo I get a 600kbps rate on most things.

Oh well, I guess EA just dont want me to play KR

6. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Like Flutter, I didn't have a problem downloading it. I've patched it within two days after it's release and I think I needed about 10 to 15 minutes to download it...

Perhaps 'EA's intarrweb' is busy [​IMG]

7. xxEvolusxx

xxEvolusxx Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah see 10mbps when connecting to EA's servers is like 50kbps... Can you download this anywhere else? LOL... The devs are too busy playing with their super dragons, pet balls, and wolf form.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know the devs bought EA's servers, and maintained them. I guess you learn something new everyday.

8. DarkChronus

DarkChronus Guest

I also didn't have trouble downloading it the day it was released (can't vouch for today obviously). Hopefully it speeds up for you [​IMG]