1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Latest pvp temps?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Raze(tmg), Dec 19, 2009.

1. Raze(tmg)

Raze(tmg) Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi ive just returned after a few months break and was wondering what the best temps are for pvp?
    i changed a lot of my chars just before i left but knowing my luck and the time ive been away they wont be as powerful now.

so any advice on them and suits will be very welcome

thxs in advance
    raze

2. Raze(tmg)

Raze(tmg) Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

still need any info poss pls guys =-/

3. Chap

Chap Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi

Start by studying archers, then consider how to tweak your mage :p

Unfortunatly its the archers with their "never miss a single shot" items that roam the land of PvP.

4. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

3 of the most played also most powerful and also the easiest to adapt pvp templates of today in UO rightnow are...

1. Disarm archer
    2. Dismount all kill tamer archer
    3. Stealth shriken ninja archer.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck and welcome back.

5. Splup

Splup Guest

Archery
    Tact
    Anat
    Resist
    Healing

60 Chiva/Gm alchemy/ 90 ninjitsu/Meditation

Take your pick.

With alchemy and ep you can make UOA macro which will blow atleast 3 explopots on your target and he has no way to dodge if he's in your line of sight. This means atleast 99 dmg from pots, then shoot one armor ingore with you hitspell+velocity weapons and you just instakilled him.

Or then just take meditation and chain special. Or take ninjitsu so if dismounted go to running form.

Also get 180 stamina, and total of 50 or 60 SSI (depending if you want to use divine fury). Enough mana inc, mr LMC etc.

You should be killing the most experienced mages in your first day if you don't play stupid and get trapped.

6. Novak(Caci)

Novak(Caci) Guest

Archers are a bit overpowerred yet.
    I got hit by archers for 95 damage each arrow.
    Thats a bit to much.

7. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Archer's arn't that overpowered I can dispose of most that are stupid enough to stay on screen on my necro/scribe mage.

I enjoy my standard necro mages w/ resist but i've also made an alchemist/scribe/mage w/ mysticism. I also made a swords/bush/alchemy/resist dexer which is a load of fun! (no parry).

Depends on your playstyle and what kind of pvp activity is on your shard. Is it huge "zerg" fightning or pretty laid back small guilds or what others call dead?

8. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I'm playing a parry/bush ninja with resist. Takes a lot of items, but very powerful.

9. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

No need to Study...

Get parry, Archers will never hit you!

10. Death Adder

Death Adder Guest

Disarm archer? That seems new... what's the standard temp? Seems like a lot of skill points to add just one option, but of course it's a quite overpowered one so maybe it can work.

11. dukarlo

dukarlo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Not true, after the archer skips off screen 50 times after 1 or 2 spells land, a lucky dice roll is bound to go off. Parry will keep a mage alive but its sad that you need it simply to be able to play a mage that wont die easily. Parry isnt going to get a mage any kills. Its simply going to keep em from dieing as fast and relegates the mage to being a healer or group fighter.