1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

latest word on KR?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by ayahuasca, Sep 6, 2008.

1. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

sooooo........
    what is it? At its current status, can anyone play it yet? Worth the download yet?

2. Alrich

Alrich Guest

its playable, a few, including myself, use it.

Personally imo it works pretty well for most functions, except for stocking vendors (2d ppl cant always see contents easily), playing tamer, aquarium maintenance, and arranging your pack to be thief resistant (while grid system inventory has its merits, it kinda makes it hard to hide good items under crappy stuff)

Controls are more like modernized mmpgs (right click context menus, shift drag to take part of a stack, things like that)

3. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

thanks. That's better than the last time I asked- maybe it's time to give it a try.

4. AlaricSP

AlaricSP Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Does it have something more like uoautomap yet? That is one of the reasons why I have not liked it. Seems like we use map a lot and if it can't compete with map then it will be 2d for me!

5. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

good question. I used to use uoam a lot, then it seemed to get all screwed up. Would be nice to just have it be part of the game.

6. Alrich

Alrich Guest

Well according to the last townhall they want to integrate the UOAM into the new SA client.

However as the KR map stands currently, it is "ok". IMO it should have automatic show guildies on the map, as it is now it only shows party members. Also the default map is really bad coloring, personally I downloaded legacy map files for it, which look great but the zoom doesn't work properly with them.

It does have some nice features though.

You can mark points on the map, there is about 50 different icons to use. WHen you are dead, it also shows locations of healers on the map in the form of red dots. Very handy if in the wilderness.

It does not however, show houses on the map.