1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Lava Fish from Water?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by K.W. Li, Jan 23, 2013.

1. K.W. Li

K.W. Li Visitor

I have a question maybe a little bit silly....Is that possible to catch a Lava Fish from the water in Stygian Abyss Dungeon?

2. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

No, sorry it's Lava only for the Lava Fish. You'll need to do Fishing Quests to get a Lava Hook, but you'll get 2-3 fish with bait in the 50 casts a hook gives you, I found.

#2 Adol, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  3. K.W. Li

K.W. Li Visitor

#3 K.W. Li, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  4. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've never got one fishing from Water in Underworld, and I've not tried in the Stygian Abyss except with Lava Poles. The Order Of The Dragonfish books state only Stygian Abyss, and lava;

So I'd say the Stratics information is incorrect.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I believe it might have been an early bug with the fish, that got fixed somewhere down the line (then again, it might still be out there and just not happened for us).