1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

LBODS and SBODS

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Hariss, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Hariss

Hariss Guest

It has been several years since I played. Is it true that all tailor sbods are used in lbods but not all blacksmith sbods are used in lbods? I am pretty sure the shields are not used.

As I recall some smiths used to throw away some of these sbods that were not really worth their trouble. Thanks.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yep, this is true.

The shields are not in larges
    The Female Plate is not in a large
    The Bascinet, Norse Helmet, Close Helmet, and Helmet are not in a large.

Do note, though, that the following smalls are probably worth the effort to fill, from a risk vs. reward viewpoint.

Dull copper Exceptional Quality smalls
    10 Ex & 15 Ex have a 20% chance of Powder of Fortifying (used to be called Powder of Temperment; the new version works on nearly all items that have resists, not just smith items)
    20 Ex has a 90% chance of PoF.

Shadow Iron Exceptional 10 & 15 smalls
    Both have a 90% PoF chance

Bronze Normal 20 smalls
    20% chance of PoF

Gold Normal Smalls
    10 & 15 count have 20% chance of PoF
    20 count has a 90% chance of PoF

Gold Exceptional 15 & 20 smalls
    Exceptional 15 has a 10% chance of a colored anvil deed (which, even after all these years, still sell for a couple hundred thousand). And, until the spring cleaning ends, if you end up with the 105 PS, it at least is worth cleaning points.
    Exceptional 20 gives a copper hammer (which, with the runic changes in February, now can make decent weapons)

Agapite Normal 10 & 15 smalls
    Both give 90% chance of PoF

Agapite Exceptional smalls
    10-count gives a copper hammer
    15-count gives a 10% chance at a colored anvil, and a 30% chance of a copper hammer instead. If you get the 110 PS, turn it in for spring cleaning points.
    20-count gives a bronze hammer

Verite & Valorite Exceptional smalls
    10 & 15 count Verite give Bronze hammer
    20 count Verite & 10/15 count Valorite give +10 Ancient Smith Hammers
    20 count valorite gives a 115 PS (turn in for points, or use if you haven't got better than a 110 PS yet).

3. xStrikerx

xStrikerx Guest

You should fit that into your smith guide

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Was thinking of that too, as I typed it. I did have the info in one of the guides at one point, over on player's corner, but edited it into the point system of the FAQ.

I just Added it into the Smith FAQ as a subsection of section 3.2, in an expanded form.