1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Leafblade feint

Discussion in 'UHall' started by gjohnson5, Jul 24, 2010.

1. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

Am able to Feint with a leafblade without Ninjitsu or Bushido... However it appears to do nothing.

Is this normal?

2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It's a damage reducer, I believe, so you wouldn't necessarily notice.....Sure seems to have at least some effect for me. I like it. Not flashy, though. Quietly effective.

Definitely seems to be working as intended; the Leafblade's been in the game awhile now!

-Galen's player

3. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

Feint renowned wyvern. It's pretty obvious when it works

Doesn't mean something hasn't changed

4. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

I have; I still often can't quite tell when it's working versus when I'm just lucky. Or both. Same on a Samurai with a Samurai weapon that has it (Daisho I think?) or non-Samurai with Leafblade.

True, but if something's changed I haven't heard anyone else mention it yet.

-Galen's player

5. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Try it against a riktor and if it works the EQ hits for 10-18 instead of 40-60. Leafblade would be the better weapon I think with the AI but either should work.

6. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

Agreed
    It's should be clear as day when it works and when it does not.
    Fight a hostile who hits hard and you should see a clear damage reduction like above
    Not sure what luck has do with with whether feint works or not.

7. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Not the game mechanic Luck.

-Galen's player

8. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I have Bushido and to me Feint appears to do nothing. Others swear by it but for me it's absolustely worthless. I do no notice a difference whatsoever.

I'm wondering if there is some remote possibility it's not working in the EC Client?

What client do you use Galen?

9. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I think it's a bushido/ninjitsu based special. Greater effectiveness with greater skill. Not sure if having both does anything for it though. I've never put it into an intense test or anything.

10. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you look in the specials book (on your paperdoll the purple one, bottom right) You'll see it says it requires the bushido or ninja skill to work.
    So you can use it but it wont do anything unless you have the skills.

Thunderz

11. At 120 Bushido or Ninjitsu it reduces all damage done to you by half for 6 seconds.

12. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

you have to spam it for the most part. Feint, LS, LS........ rinse and repeat.... Rikki dead!!!

13. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You think I don't want a 50% Damage reduction? You think I haven't tested it out many many times on different monsters?

It's worthless or it's broken. I do no notice a different whatsoever in terms of damage intake when spamming Feint. I've faired far better with a Radiant Scimitar on 160's than I do with a Daisho spamming feint.

That's why I'm asking if there a small chance it's not working in the EC Client because others boast about how great it is but from my extensive testing I don't notice any benefit from using it.

Obviously the OP is having questions about it as well which is why I chimed in and am curious to know what client he's playing on and if there is any chance it could be broken in the EC client.

14. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Gjohnson5,

What weapon and client are you using when trying to feint?