1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaving UO

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gladius, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Gladius

Gladius Guest

What are the things I can expect to have when I return after a few months from playing UO? Can anyone redirect me to the url on this matter?

Will the character I have retain their skills and everything I kept on the bank?
    Please help thanks..

2. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 3, 2004
    EVERYTHING on your characters backpack, Bank box, stabled pets will always be there when you return.

ONLY THING you will lose over long inactivity (not paying for more than 3 months) is your house and of course along with everything in your house.
  3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    bank or backpack anything you think you might want upon your return. I was gone for 3 years, and everything I banked and had on my characters at logout was still there.

My advice is to log out at an Inn, or have some charged rune books on each char. There's nothing worse than logging back in after a break and finding yourself out in the middle of nowhere, and having to run back to civilization.
  4. If you are not going to activate your acct in 3 months or less, pack everything up on your chars and beetles and bank. Take the house down even if you know for sure you are not going to reactivate for several months. Dont let it fall and loose your stuff.
  5. Millie

Millie Guest

yep That's what I'd do. every char. can have a blue bug to sit on . the like an extra bank. your bank box and you back pack can hold a lot. Drop house and then you'll have money in bank for new house on your return. 5 chars on an account, even if a new one just to hold stuff. I would also put some recalls and a housing tool in away
  6. Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf Guest

No skill or attribute loss over time in UO. No fame or karma loss either. The only thing that decays over time even if you don't log in is Virtues, you'll loose compassion etc. Everyone answered the item and property stuff.
  7. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 31, 2004
    If you play on siege you can prolly expect a deserted shard.