1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ledge of Death

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gidge, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

I don't mind dying. I don't mind dying repeatedly. I don't mind dying repeatedly all day and night. But when I constantly get stuck on a ledge and die on the ledge and even running back and forth won't drop me down and I am forced to use stuck cause calling a guildmate will only get more stuck on the ledge... and my bones turn before my eyes cause yes it slower after you use stuck X amount of times. I mind! lol

Oddly I can start fighting one away from a ledge and guess where the asinine things wants to go. Since it is difficult for me to fight one alone, I can't keep trying to start killing a new one.

It is losing it's fun. :)

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Lol, yeah. There's been a number of areas that have been broken like that, like the steps at the Shrine of Humility in Ilsh on Napa. Probably has something to do with them altering landscapes for the SA client. The Solen Hive and pass from Brit to Despise are completely ****ed up looking.

3. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That's weird, when I die (and I have much experience in this matter...) my screen does the monochrome thing.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Actually, Gidge is the void creature, and they're complaining about the pesky human.... :mf_prop:

5. Gidge

Gidge Sage

my world is always technicolor!

I am dead and under the night terror and I am in the form of a chicken.

I was a demon , but i figured it would raise too many questions. I figured a chicken would be better, but I thought someone might question that. So I hid under the night terror so as to not.

But alas, you question!!! one in a million you are!

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Does that slow your movement rate? makes me feel like moving thru sand, almost

7. Gidge

Gidge Sage

It does but I think it is just mind over matter. Maybe we can have a race!? Did you see your birthday message on your house sign??

ohhhh! I only did it for the pic.

8. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the explanation Gidge - I thought I was losing it but I knew there had to be a simple answer.

9. pacific cruiser

pacific cruiser Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

try recalling out next time if you can... i had to do it a few times tonight

10. Deb

Deb Guest

We have killed a few of these and found if you can lure one into the house
    with the death ledge, they usually will not teleport you to the ledge. Just
    upstairs. And they seem much easier to kill that way.

11. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

I haven't tried to kill the night terrors yet but in the classic client they look just like a Vasanord except they are grey named/flagging. I hear they are tough to kill but maybe a tamer could draw fire then you could loot and recall

12. Gidge

Gidge Sage

The issue is when you die on the ledge. Sometimes you can run back and forth and it will bump you down. Don't know why or how. Getting back to my body isn't a problem though. If I can't get down I have to use stuck. I marked a rune with another char close by to get back quickly though. I started leaving a pile of bandages so I didn't have to get body anymore. That helped :)

I will drag him into the house and try there. Thanks Deb!

PsychoKinetic it's all groovy :)

13. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I addition, the far NE house has a spot on the south side while heading west, you can go in, maybe just never leave

14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Can you mark on the ledge? Maybe have a guildmate open a gate to the ledge, then you can get out and rez, then go back.

15. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I think the point is to get it FIXED, not yet another 'workaround'
    (no disrespect G.v.P, that's a good idea too)

16. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

NP -- some "ledge of death" are no mark, is why I asked, like the hell hound Slasher area is no mark (but then I found out how to teleport to it, and posted that workaround--because EA will probably never fix that trouble spot, but who knows). If you can mark it makes it a bit easier to retrieve stuff :).

17. Deb

Deb Guest

Yes you can mark up there :)

18. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I can't mark anywhere I'm not a mage. This needs fixed. Fed up with this sort of thing.... it's bad enough these things are overpowered as all get out... but to have them teleporting up into places that they shouldn't isn't right...

I mentioned it elsewhere and I'll say it here... they teleported me INSIDE the stairs... that's very not cool. If it weren't for using charges on my undertakers staff I would never have gotten my corpse back.

Pity those that can't do that.

19. slayer888

slayer888 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry, but mind telling me what you guys are fighting here @@

I have long time not pvm....

20. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Night Terror - newest grind-fest quest
    re-hued bog thing, 35,000-45,000 hit point, slasher ability's, necro spamming

21. slayer888

slayer888 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Where is it? I hope to go and challenge it

Thanks.

22. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

sigh to many hp again! reminds me of black rock golems! that said i killed one all alone and did my quest and now i will never kill them again unless they give a real good reason they suck! they do ok dmg and the teleport thing is fine over all its a decent critter but to many hp.