1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Legendary artifact goes "poof"

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by GarthGrey, Jun 8, 2012.

1. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

So i finally venture out and brave the wild. I'm killing some monster type in a dungeon somewhere. And I'm checking the loot and I see a Legendary Artifact...so I grab it an put it in my pack. Being the newb that I am, I try to BoS it to the bank, its refused of course. So in my delight, I announce in Gen Chat that I had obtained a LA. Moments later the item in question disappears from my pack, and is gone for good. I never saw another player approach, no one revealed after a theft . I have no clue what happened. If this was in fact a thief, do me a favor and reply here with where we were, and what the item was. Otherwise, I don't know what happened. But I shall not announce in GC again, anything like that.

2. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Sorry to hear that you lost it either to a thief or a glitch :(

3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I thought you were always revealed after a theft, at least thats the way it was when i left

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

still is. I fetched some books from Doom for the EM yesterday with my Marie Nayted char, revealed at each steal.

Marie never, ever reveals what she's got or where she is on Siege, only sometimes where she's been after she gets home :D

5. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

ive heard of that happpening in shame things were just randomly dissapearing from packs but i thought they fixed that bug and ive never had it happen

6. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I am 99.9999 percent sure that I was the only one in the area. One second it was in my pack and i was highlighting it reading the properties, the next it was gone. And I never announced where i was at all, just that I had gotten the item....

7. PuckOfPacific

PuckOfPacific Journeyman

was there a spot near you that would have hidden the likes of a necro thief? are you a tamer? maybe they hid behind your Critter? Classic client? Did you ask the GM's?

8. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

it actually reveals you before the attempt, it reveals when you invoke the skill but before you've targeted the item. And no you cannot hide while the targeting cursor is up, so on a steal you will always be visible, at least for a second.

I've seen a bug in UO before where items stay "owned" by the container you took them from and when that container (in this case a monster body) decays the item poofs as it was "in" that container.