1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EM Announcement Legends will no longer be using stratics

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by EM Avalon, Mar 3, 2015.

1. EM Avalon

EM Avalon UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator

circumstances beyond my control have dictated we move announcements and other news to facebook. Thank you for your patience in this transition.
    uolegends on facebook is where we will now be seen!

reikime3 and Peekay like this.
  2. reikime3

reikime3 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

That's very bad news for me. I don't use face book. So I guess I'll have to rely on Sherry The Mouse for my information. :(:mylittlepony:

Drakelord, Shumer and Acid Rain like this.
  3. EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator

I will keep Sherry the mouse well informed.

Acid Rain and reikime3 like this.
  4. reikime3

reikime3 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

:) :snoopy:. :mylittlepony:

5. Old Vet Back Again

Old Vet Back Again Slightly Crazed

Curious what this is all about? Wonder if it has anything to do with the new direction of Stratics.......

EM Avalon likes this.
  6. reikime3

reikime3 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

No idea, my guess the UO management decided to use a more popular social media program. The stress is on the word guess.

EM Avalon likes this.
  7. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe because the Mods aren't pushing their "agenda" any longer..phase out what you can't manipulate

Edit: Not referring to the EM's btw ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EM Avalon likes this.
  8. Ox_AO

Ox_AO Adventurer

Facebook what? is there a link?
    https://www.facebook.com/UOLegends

I haven't gotten my old Stratics account back yet. I'm assuming you have similar issues

9. EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator

10. Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

I think its due that they want to attract new players to the game and they think Facebook is going to maybe achieve this? Using Steam and Facebook, they might boost their numbers and subscriptions.
    That would be the only GOOD reason they would do it. They must think there is a player base that must be missing out on events or something because they dont use Stractics and that Facebook as a social Global media will get them people to come to the events, but the downside as its now sooo public, you will also attract the scum and grievers from all over the world and shards. Its a knife of double edge, hope UO dont get cut....

11. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I find this lame since none of the other shard EMs have made this announcement. I will NOT access UO Legends Facebook. I use my facebook to keep in touch with friends out of state. I have already had to lock it down as tight as possible, and nearly had to delete it. Same thing with my sister, and all because of a person with issues no volumes that doesn't respect boundaries and spends 23 hrs a day stalking people online. I'll just get my news from Sherry, she's in all our houses lol.

12. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

pretty sure all the EMs have left the Stratics boards, and if I'm remembering right it was due to some security issue.... think the only ones that get posted to Stratics now are the ones that have their own website and import the posts from there... and it happened just this past January or February

13. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

Some of the EMs do post. There is no requirement for an EM to use Stratics if they don't want to. Same with the devs (Kyronix & Bleak).
    The incident you mention was not related to site security, but an argument between people that got out of hand.

All EM sites feed into their respective shard board, so long as the EM site allows for RSS feeds. I check them regularly to make sure the feeds still work. Also, it doesn't stop community members from posting links and such themselves. :) We actually encourage that!

Sadly, Legends is one of the few shards that does not have an active EM site. I've tried to set up feeds from Facebook, but it doesn't work that way.

Best anyone from Legends can do, for those who don't want to go to Facebook, is to post info from there to Stratics?

Hmm... we would use a Shard Reporter for Legends... if anyone is interested, let me know. :)

14. reikime3

reikime3 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

TY for the info Kirthag. :)