1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

legit or spam? mail from EA

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DevilsOwn, May 26, 2012.

1. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

first, hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend :)

got a mail from this address today.... Origin (@) em.ea.com (well, without the parenthesis) telling me that all this weekend prices are 50% off at the EA store, storewide... the mail has only an html attachment and link to unsubscribe

reason I'm asking, aside from my naturally suspicious mind, is that this email address is not the one attached to my UO accounts

so, anyone getting half off items at the store?

2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

looks like a russian site, fishing

3. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just searched the Origin store, the only thing I see on sale is the High Seas booster.

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

An good advice, use a special email for UO, you do not use for anything else. I do this and every email not sendt to this adress can't be from EA

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yah, had checked that and saw no mention of half priced stuff, so thought perhaps there was something in that attachment that I was chicken to open

thanks guys...... as the saying goes, if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

It's other things at the Origin store.... about 9 titles certainly not half off storewide..... BS advertising for sure but it is from EA.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  7. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

As of last night, there was an ad on the main page for Origin saying that there is a "storewide" 50% off sale from the 25th to the 29th. However, what the main part of the ad said was a lie, as only 9 ganes were 50% off, this making "storewide" in the banner false advertising. This is probably why it has been removed, someone complained (and rightly so).

EDIT: The sale ad is still there, on the 'Deals' page. Looks like someone forgot to remove it all.

Lord Frodo and Sevin0oo0 like this.