1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Let me Count the ways........

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Druido2, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Druido2

Druido2 Guest

Tonight I had the displeasure of participating in a promising Fel event. Napa Valley hosted the lower event ever made. There was Fel event, but tramied up none the less. It was a poor planned event since it required Thieves to steal an item and try to steal it from other players. However, they thieves were not turning grey when snooping or stealing. Also, red characters were not able to kill the thieves on the event in fel. So needless to say the event lasted 10 mins since there was one thieve that stealth away with the item. Needless to say the name Let me count the ways ........

Please post your comments, but keep it clean.......Lets not help lock this thread up.

Attached Files:

2. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Thieves make 3 seperate "roll" checks when they Steal. The first "roll" determines if they're succesful at stealing the item. The second "roll" determines if any of the nearby NPCs/Players noticed the steal. The third "roll" determines if the Thief goes grey.

But yeah. Stealth is pretty much "Safe Mode" nowadays. Once someone activates Stealth, he might as well be phasing into Tram. Unless you have a char that is specifically devoted to finding stealthers (Which are incredibly rare), then a stealther might as well be un attackable.
    I happen to have a Elf char with 120 Magery/GM Detect Hidden/GM Tracking, and even then, exposing stealthers for long enough that they can be killed is a pain in the ass. First of all, even at GM Tracking, it'll only pick someone up once they're within 1.5 screens of you, but it'll track them far after they're targeted with it. Secondly, the Tracking arrow isn't all that accurate, it likes to point 3-4 tiles beneath the stealther's actual location, and doesn't update fast enough to accurately pinpoint the Stealther. Three, the Reveal spell has a small radius, and when that's combined with the misleading Tracking arrow, you can waste alot of time casting Reveal in the wrong location. Even once you do pop a stealther out of hiding, they can quickly re-enter hiding/stealth. However, a stealther cannot even really hope to move close to my tracker though, because he'll pop them out of stealth so much with his Passive detects. Thing is though, you'll almost never come across a stealther that comes within passive detect range, since almost all of them are Stealth/Archers.
  3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Apr 27, 2007
    GL has had a Festival of Masks for several years running now, it always seems to go well and is decently attended for a Fel event.