1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Let's all join hands and say NO!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Seikatein, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Seikatein

Seikatein Guest

At this point we all have to start wondering is this ea's attempt to make us all quit so they can finally close uo???? Who has done thier imbuing test on test center since this patch???? I realize this game was already entireley item based but is this not too far? Granted most artifacts have too much intensity weight to be imbued to begin with but I promise you there are some out there with something special on them that have plenty of room for more to make them god like. How about imbueing pieces that have already been enhanced?? Does this not make it too easy to make something even more crazy that was already sick to begin with? If this goes through we are going to having trouble figureing out what else we are going to put on our suits after we have already finished everything we could want. But enough of my ranting and raving what do you think seige?

2. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

They don't know yet.. 95% of Siegers don't check UHall.

3. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Cheap available gear = no one cares if they lose a suit again = more fights on a nightly basis. :thumbup1:

4. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Same thought went through my head...

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

leveling the have and havenots! how dare they!

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Items are not going away...

7. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Imbuing enhanced items still won't let you go over caps. I didn't see any potential problems when I did a quick glance through the arties.

With 450 max weighted intensity for non-exceptional arties, I just don't see it being a problem.

8. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Nope they're not... So with that said they could at least make it easier for everyone to obtain items... That will bring to us a more even playing field.

9. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I feel imbuing has done just that...

As a mainly solo player, I was never able to obtain some of the higher end gear considered to be "uber," I mainly relied on cursed items and minor artifacts to build suits...

Now, the sky is pretty much the limit...This is a good thing.

10. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

This is what everyone has wanted, and been crying for on here for ages. There will still be rare items, such as memphos etc. After that, if we can imbue the HOTL a bit better to make it the same as the faction counterpart, then great, evens it up somewhat to the non faction. Which everyone has wanted.

11. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I think most of us are on the same page here.

12. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What i want to see is dci and hci added as thigns that can burned onto armour via runic kits and also imbued. This would almost nullify the need for faction artis and really level the playing field. I would go a step further and say these props should be essence based rather than frag based.

So what if every one and thier brother is running around with 45dci/hci suits
    and have 20 more identical suits socked away. That just means more fighting and being able to use what you loot. This suggestion, imo would be a perfect meld of todays uo item dependancy with the old school spirit of the game.

The artis and faction gear will still exist for those of us who really like to tweak our **** out ( the wealthy) while the poor are still able to compete and not put even further into the poor house as they develope thier pvp skillzz.

13. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Tryed it; it only has 400 intensity points; could not do crap with it.

14. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

I think they should have made imbuers skin turn white and be all old and wrinkled looking.
    That would have been cool. Like the evil side of the force.
    Damn evil imbuers! *winks*

15. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Agree, it can only be great for Siege. We all miss when you could PvP in a gm made suit, this will again make it possible to PvP without expensive upper gear or stupid factions items.

Maybe it will bring our lost vendors back too. New standard may be set for crafted suits so you can buy a warrior, archer, ninja or mage suit from a vendor near the PvP spots.

16. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

since the 500 limit still applies you can't make anything more 'uber' with this change than you can now.

My new training thief is running around in a suit with 100% lrc, 6 MR and 12 SR. It's a lovely suit for the purpose, and if I fail to make Umbra bridge next time I'm caught training at Patty's I can just go home and have Molly and Dee make her another.

My stealthing is only at 60 atm, but I'm not worried about failing, because it doesn't matter if I get dry looted. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thinking this way.

17. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think your call for similar cries of outrage backfired. :|

I think these changes are great too.

18. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Kelmo is still waiting for his exceptional imbued talisman of brewing

19. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Gotta agree. I would love for ALL arties and uber items to go away and us all use GM crafted stuff. But since that ain't gonna happen, the next best thing is to make it where crafters can make stuff equal to any faction arty out there. Puts everyone on an even scale, provides more work for crafters, and even makes use of items that used to be junk (gems, low grade loot, etc).

Sorry, but I think its a win-win.

20. Aislin*SP

Aislin*SP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

EXACTLY... And I like the fact that non-faction players can get gear on par with factioneers. I think it is a great change for Siege.

21. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

I believe we all joined hands and said "NO!" to joining hands and saying "NO!"

It's a Siege Christmas miracle!

[​IMG]

22. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Agreed.

23. Afterglow

Afterglow Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

guess I'll have a lonely standing here with my opinion but non the less;
    I'd prefer an UO as it was before AoS came out, not that diablo'ish item-based hunting style as it is now imo. I prefer times when a power or even vanquishing item were the ones to aim for, gathering regs and stocking up your vendor with em. Imbuing just adds up to that craziness...

24. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't know any one that would say no other that trammy scriptors that what people have to pay real dollars for items.