1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Let's compile a list of >1 Year Old Bugs

Discussion in 'UHall' started by drinkbeerallday, Aug 13, 2008.

1. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

The UO Dev team is notorious for ignoring bugs.

Let's make a list of bugs that have been in the game for over 1 FULL YEAR

For example, beneficial acts, flee while dead, vamp form with 0 necro skill

etc etc...

Try to post how many years the bugs have been in game and Bold and Underline the amount of years for emphasis, just like I did.

2. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

Summoning a pet while an aggressor in Felucca.

Yes this is a bug. Not sure how long it has been but I believe it has been at least 2 YEARS

3. Lord Sir Scott

Lord Sir Scott Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Recall drop
    Town criers it is so gimped they had to make new types of criers (Rat statue) And these are gimped to i hear they dont cry withthe town ones..
    Scrap all that use the old system it works i know it does...

4. Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP Guest

Items that are suppose to stack but don't - magic spell scrolls, plant resources, regs - problems came in with ML.

Spell books don't update when you add a scroll to them

5. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

lulz not a bug. Cry moar please? It doesn't affect you in any way, stfu and enjoy uo without ruining it for others?

6. love2winalot

love2winalot Guest

Being able to use Tokuno Dyes, on special wood, Oak, Yew, ect, and then having the dyed wood not show up in the carpentry menu, thus making it useless. I have no idea how long this has been.

Opening your bank box, and then opening your paper doll, and the bank box closes. Many many years.

Hanvng night time only being from, "in game", midnight to 4 am. Are we in Alaska?

Not a bug, but worse, Creating a Dungeon, and not using it at all. ie, Under Bucs Den.

7. packrat

packrat Guest

Crashing when going through gates or recalling. I have been crashing more often than ever before..
    I was trying to place a house yesterday and crashed when I accepted the placement. Logged back in and a mongbat was beating me to death..

8. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

Tram Khaldun. used to be able to go mining in there

9. The way monsters warp after you if you cross a server line and then come back.

That's been around for 3 or 4 years now I think.

10. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Crash when doing a trade.

11. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

all the broken tiles and ugly corners from when they ruined the 2D map to accomodate KR 1 YEAR going on 2

12. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

having to do a quick double click to target certain things 10 YEARS

13. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

While not a show stopper, this is absolutely one of the most annoying things I deal with as a scribe. Used to work, then got borked with a years ago patch, and never got fixed back.

One of those things that make ya wonder, exactly how hard could it be to fix?

14. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You only been playing a little while? Presuming your char is human theres no such thing as 0 skill in somthing. Humans are a 'jack of all trades' and have 30 in all skills. Pretty sure thats enough to cast. Even if its not, its certainly not 0 skill.

15. Jack of all trades gives you 20 in everything, not 30.

16. Landicine

Landicine Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Vampiric embrace takes 99 skill, so it is usually done with jewelry and not actual skill. It isn't a bug, but more of a balance/template concern.

Some of these are bugs, but a lot are nerf or content suggestions.

A dungeon in Bucs would be a nightmare. Anyone who has fought (roleplaying a pirate maybe) there knows it has serious server boundary problems.

17. Wallenstein

Wallenstein Guest

Duping a guild tag. It's been possible since the new paperdoll guild system was implemented.. I've contacted EA numerous times about it with information on how to reproduce it but nothing's ever been fixed.

18. Nestorius

Nestorius Guest

Oldest Bug - If your screen avatar holds an item in their left hand and turns around it will be in their right hand.

19. Lady_Mina

Lady_Mina Guest

I have no idea if it's an old bug (since my 2 year break).

But 'crash on recall' is getting pretty annoying.

i never crash when i recall to brit...it's always when in recall into dungeons with spawn that's strong enough to kill me in less then 10sec..

20. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

I think the devs actually responded on this one at one point. If memory serves, they did this on purpose to make sprites consume less resources.

21. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

theres no dungeon under bucs den. it's a cave system for mining!!

22. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Server lines/boundaries. 13 years (They existed pre-Alpha.)

They make Buc's Den a royal pain, they cause every monster on screen to instantly target you when you cross one, and they were the source of all of UO's original duping methods. All of the subservers should be able to fit together on the same server now, if not on the same harddrive. There is absolutely no reason that server lines should exist in this day in age.

23. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Been since ML. This is for the same reason that some snakes were spawning with the [Oak] tag until recently. Snakeskin boots, also.