1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Let's discuss unraveling

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Patty Pickaxe, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Won't there be a skill in SA that allows you to "unravel" items and get the ingredients needed to imbue? Does one get these ingredients by unraveling weapons? If so, should I be saving crappy weapons to unravel? What kind of weapons? Monster-loot? Made by players? made by runics?

2. ZeK'a

ZeK'a Guest

The way I understand it. some ingredients can be unraveed from anything smeltable. while others (for more high end mods) have to come from high end monsters like peerless and such..

3. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Best way to get items for unraveling is the gaman/Svaetra quests...Almost every box gets a 4-5 mod very high intensity item.

4. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

Strong Box quest?

5. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Yes. Very easy to do and always yields high intensity items

6. Patty Pickaxe

So....... I should be saving weapons? I wish I had thought of this while I was hunting wolves during the Tots event! :wall: Should I onlt save weapons with 4 or 5 mods?

7. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I sell the quest components on my vendor at my house in Barter Town ( north of Minoc ), it includes:

20 gaman horns
    3 artifacts
    1 fragment of a map
    -------------------
    35k gold

They were selling very well for a while, but business has slacked off... so it should be stocked with three sets at least.

8. shipwrek

shipwrek Guest

Speedy, when you say high intensity, I assume you mean some kind of high value stat (+40 HLD, +50 Lightning, +35SSI, etc...?)

Likewise, are crafted runic weapons (iron) also good candidates for unravelling?

Can armor be unravelled too then? It's hard to imagine all of these kick-ass weapons coming out with no balancing armor aspect. I'm imagining everyone running around with one or two hit weapons.

9. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

10. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/krHIdm-5KQ4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/krHIdm-5KQ4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

11. Patty Pickaxe

Good question ship! I didn't even think of armor! If I can unravel armor, I think I will be holding onto the chest of runic armor I found yesterday!

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm looking at holding on to stuff with high intensity in the more useless mods, stuff like 'lower requirements 50%'

13. T'Sai

T'Sai Guest

I believe you can unravel weapons, armor, and jewels.. Weapons and armor must be iron/leather/cloth (not enhanced). A runic crafted item can be unraveled as long as it was made with iron/leather. The more mods and higher intensities the item the 'better' ingredients you'll get.

One thing to keep in mind are the often overlooked properties that are counted as 100% intensity.. night sight, fc1, mage armor, crappy slayer, UBWS, etc.. I think 4 properties over 80% intensity is the target for decent unraveling.. I also think the auto damage increase from GM+ crafting/arms lore counts as 1 of the properties.. so a lot of the junky combos crafted may actually be decent to unravel... Like a lizardman slayer sword, fc1, DI43, UBWS, with 50% phys/50% cold damage (another 100% property I think).

I hope I'm at least close with most of this info... it's just what I remember from reading other posts. Either way, I can't wait til it starts so I can get rid of all the junk filling my house.
    '

14. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I become unraveled all of the time. *nods*

15. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

How many times can you imbue a single object? I.E. could I take a fc1 jewel and turn it into

fc 1
    fcr3
    dci 15
    enchance pots 25
    lmc 5

16. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Yes, you can do what you like to it!Up to the max of 5mods, good luck on getting that, im guessing 2% (chance of imbuing) final mod

You can unravel anything as far as i know, including wooden tiems which cannot be smelted. Rule of thumb, if you can loot it you can unravel it.

17. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I wonder if you will be able to add resitance points to armour that you have crafted. say I make something out of regular leather with gm lore/legendary tailor; can I custom my resists as well as add goodies like lrc or mr?

18. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

you cant imbue runic crafter armor but in my understanding you can GM craft an item to imbue

yes the skill is tied into imbuing. Imbuing gets the ingredients by unraveling items and imbuing also, imbues magic item onto the armor/wep/jewel

19. Petra Fyde

20. Patty Pickaxe

Thank you Petra! That was very helpful. Now, as I said before, I wish I had asked about this while I was hunting wolves during ToTs. To think of all the stuff I left on the corpses!! :wall:

I have a question about this:

Will we be able to acquire a soul forge for our houses or will we have to use the one(s) in Gargoyle City?

21. RichDC

RichDC Guest

You will be able to craft one for your house, however, from what a little bird has wispered to me. You will only be able to add that coveted 5th max mod at haven or the garg city, where you gain a boost to imbuing.

22. Petra Fyde

Please remember that nda still applies to SA content.

23. Patty Pickaxe

Non Disclosure Agreement.

When you enter Beta, you agree not to speak publicly of the content. SO, by saying what you just did, you are breaking the NDA (if you are in beta).

24. RichDC

RichDC Guest

There is no beta

I am not in beta!

:p

No but seriously im not in beta.

25. Seikatein

Seikatein Guest

I haven't been on beta in quite a while so things may have changed, but when I was on it I got them same ingredient from unraveling loot form harpys as I did form unraveling a pair of inquis. So I dont think the intensity determines the ingredient like everyone has been saying it will. Also different ingredients did not give different intersity on mods simply different ingredients were used for different mods.

26. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

And will people be attackable at these cities? Would be awesome if murderers could camp these cities forcing the crafters to pay a fee for safety at these locations.