1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Letter to Chrissay

Discussion in 'UHall' started by jfkeach, Oct 22, 2009.

1. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Sorry, but don't know any other way to get into contact with you. This issue is about a housing bug.

A player with a house (Castle) on his account was checking a spot for a friend. When the player (me) tried a house that fit on the spot, I was NOT given a gump warning me that I already had a house on the account. It placed a small, and therefore put my CASTLE in IDOC. This was last week. I dropped that small that the bug placed.

Sunday I transferred the castle to my second account.

I tried to transfer my 18x18 from that account to the first account. I was told I had to wait 31 more hours.

Figuring I could not place for 31 hours, I was checking another spot. Boom, again no gump. If it fits, it placed. Therefore starting my 1 week timer over again before I can receive a house. Therefore my 18x18 would fall. I transferred it to a friend. It's safe.

But the issue is WE ARE NOT GETTING THE GUMP asking if we are sure. Ingame GM's wont even talk to you. I submitted UO Bug report, and nothing.

IS THIS HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE? If so, people need to be made aware. IF this is a BUG people need to be made aware to NOT test spots. The dialog when you try to use a housing placement tool again tells you can test. IT DOES Not tell you that you can place if you drop the other house.

You can see from this thread that others have seen this too. IT NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED and people need to be made aware its an issue. If a warning can go out about the codex why cant one go out about a bug that will cost them their houses?

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Here is the current contact method to reach Chrissay. :)
  3. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Oh... gotta get facebook? Sorry, I wont go to facebook. I have gotten trojans and viruses there, and I wont be going back. EVER. Seems fitting though.
  4. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

The email address is uocommunity AT ea.com
  5. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

I placed a Keep a week ago and I did get the warning gump telling me that my other house would be condemned.

Don't really understand why you aren't getting warned on two accounts.

Seems strange.
  6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I've never understood the what or why, but I have had the same issue at times - I just never test-place unless I have no money so there is no risk.
  7. ejpeters

ejpeters Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May 18, 2008
    I have also had the issue at times. The house just placed when I should have gotten the gump.
  8. Adder_Atl

Adder_Atl Guest

Just a thought....are you using UOAssist?

Possibly having the ignore Vet Rewards gump option clicked.

Perhaps something got changed in the UOA client that has it close this.

Probably wrong, but worth a look.
  9. Rand Althor

Rand Althor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May 27, 2008
    If you need someone to hold a house for you before your house drops and you timer resets, I'll provide the free service, I currently have one homless account... If Interested, PM me.
  10. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Either way, its a bug that EA needs to address, but it only changed recently. I have heard nothing back from anyone except the GM that sent the canned response sorry we dont do that.
  11. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Not a UO-assist thing... I've never used it.
  12. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 9, 2002
    I had the same thing happen, I condeemed my luna house. I was lucky and just used one of my old accounts to hold it for the 7 days. I think we should at least get a gump that asks if you really want to place it, instead of just popping down. Even if you dont already own a house.

13. maroite

maroite Guest

I was a little sympathetic until you said this. lol

You mean, you got links from people that you clicked on and then it took you away from Facebook and gave you trojans and viruses?

14. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

I went to facebook about a year ago. I got trojans and virusses that Ajax would not take off. Don't know how, but what matters is I don't go there period. Ever. I had searched for an old friend on Google, and was of course directed to their facebook page. All I know is it took me 2 days to fdisk and reload OS, and had to recover what I could from backups. Nah, you can't get me to facebook, for love nor money.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!