1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Letter to Lord Casca and reply

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Irvyn, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Irvyn

Irvyn Guest

[Met EM Emile Layne last night in the Britain Counsellors' Guild, and while talking to her, she informed us that letters may be left for Lord Casca in the bedroom upstairs in Blackthorn's Castle. So I wrote one, and left it there ... and today I got a personally delivered reply (which is also locked down on the desk in Trinsic jail).]
    :heart:Europa EMs are the best:heart:

----------

-------------

[​IMG]

Dukes don't cheat, they adapt to circumstances.
    (Slightly amended quote from "The Slipper and the Rose")

2. Divster

Divster Guest

*snorts in disgust* the so called city of honour throws its support so easily behind this usurper? This "king" talks of a hidden council, untill I see the revealed evidence of a legal and just protocol i shall keep my support not only "revealed" but in open disputation of this false prophet and pretender to the throne *dissapears in cloud of righteous mist*

3. Tak

Tak Guest

Currently there are two options? A mouse and Casca.
    What happens if you wont follow Casca?
    What happens if you follow Sherry, which has most likely not that insight in the situation then Casca could have?

If your "King" isnt what he pretends to be, someone should force him to lower his mask.

Well, your country...think in meantime me takes a sun bath at Tokuno Beach. Mhh..Ice filtered Sake, what else could you want?

4. Chiera

Chiera Guest

sees a veritable civil war on the horizon.

*wondering if she would look silly under the banner of a mouse*

5. There is .... Another (ie pls see minoc office former residence of commander of the royal guard Jordan Jurrel)

6. Mord Mhor

Mord Mhor Guest

First of all Duke Irvyn does not appear to have offered his allegience to this so called king ...merely a salute which equates to no more than proper respect. If you ask me Irvyn appears to offer this upstart everything while at the same time offering him nothing. I beleive the Duke is buying time.

I unlike the Duke i do not have the burden of the protection of a whole city on my hands.....which is constantly under attack i may add.

So i say this....these attacks do not make destintion between Royalist or Inderpendents, male or female.

Remember the words of the wisps....there are more than one power vying for control of Sosaria...humans not included.

Ask yourselves what does the book the shattering imply.

Are Inu's rantings just rantings.....they seem to have a ring of truth now.

I will state one more thing. I have not seen Lord British Abdicate and so he is still king. I also have not seen this new council that dishonourably hides itself away while royal guardsmen and soasarians throughout the land do the dying.
    They have not the right to appoint a king.

Lord Mord Mhor

7. Irvyn

Irvyn Guest

Another letter to Lord Casca:

A threat from Yew:

-------------

[​IMG]

8. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Since I have neither the diplomatic experience of Irvyn, nor his responsibilities and concerns, I'm freer to express my doubts rather more bluntly than he is.

"I am indeed aware of the unrest following my appointment as King. The Citizens of Britannia, understandably so, miss their Lord British who had governed them for so many years."

'Their' Lord British, not 'our' Lord British? Odd slip for a trained Ambassador. Perhaps it's stress, or because as an Elf you were not strictly his subject? That might be it...

Lord British left a Council to rule in his stead. If he'd meant us to have a new King, there's a good case for saying he'd have proposed one. Of all people, he was most aware how dangerous our world could become. Even if the idea of a 'King' was seen as valid, the people could expect at least to be made aware of the Council's reasoning for it before the coronation.

"We must forgive these people. At these treacherous times, where citizens are being assaulted by their fellow man, they are wary of anything and anybody they do not know."

I'm not wary of everyone I do not know - only those who appear and claim authority over me. Phrases like 'treacherous times' risk spreading paranoia, don't you think? If that were someone's intent, of course....

"Let me tell you, my appointment was as much a surprise to me as it was to anybody else!"

No supporters of the idea had even mentioned the possibility to you? How strange.

"The Royal Council decided the Kingdom needed strong leadership. To survive the onslaught of evil forces a King Pro-Tempore seemed like the best solution. So, as the law dictates: the members of the Royal Council cast their votes and unanimously elected me from their midst."

A first for the Council, I think! In secret, of course, so sadly nobody could witness this rare act of unanimity. Without mentioning the idea at all beforehand. To anyone. Including you. (Or was it a case of the only surviving member making the 'vote'? To a finely trained legal mind, that could certainly be construed as 'unanimous').

A figurehead to rally behind maybe, but 'King'? That's not a necessary title (even Pro Tempore, ringing phrase devoid of meaning, as the period of time is apparently decided by the officeholder). The Council should be aware of the import of titles.

"The Royal Council is currently in hiding. They simply cannot perform their tasks effectively if they have to fear for their lives! However, they will resume their work at the castle as soon as the situation allows it."

All in hiding? Whilst the brave Casca selflessly risks himself appearing in public. All overcome with cowardice. Not one brave soul among them - how strange and disappointing. Surely one or two could stand alongside the valiant (and doubtless heavily protected) Casca? Just to confirm events and reassure their people, as good leaders would wish to do in such times, even if in fleeting appearances?

"Duke Irvyn, what happened to the Royal Council is indeed greatly distressing. The matter is under investigations and has been given the highest priority. However, this is a very complex situation with many parties involved. We need all the evidence to build a strong case against that traitor Avery!"

Until fairly tried and sentenced, the 'traitor' part is not proven - you yourself say 'we' are "still building the case". One reason for due legal processes is preventing the powerful simply declaring their version of 'justice'.

"I was a counsel for a long time myself. So the law is very dear to me. Rest assured: Justice shall be served!"

And you can always trust a lawyer. Especially one who can't tell the difference between 'accused' and 'traitor'. And can produce no witnesses to his 'unanimous election'.

Maybe you are a legitimate 'King Pro Tempore'. If mice can talk, perhaps stranger things are possible. But I rather doubt it.

9. Mord Mhor

Mord Mhor Guest

Excellently put Aurelius and succinct.

10. Irvyn

Irvyn Guest

Indeed an interesting analysis, Aurelius. Your time and effort is commendable; even if, perhaps, misguided.

With regard to the situation between Trinsic and Yew, following informal discussion with Yewish representatives, the situation is resolved for the moment.

Lord Casca again graciously delivered a reply to my letter, on his way to Yew. Unfortunately I was delayed by a band of Vesperian thugs (whom I believe had also attempted to waylay Lord Casca himself) and was unable to speak to him in person, but the letter is available publicly in the Trinsic jail for anyone who wishes to view it. I reproduce the text here:

-------------

[​IMG]

11. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Misguided, possibly - we'll have to wait and see, although I was rather intrigued that, for all his speaking this evening, Casca didn't seem to actually say very much.

I completely agree with Sherry's suggestions about searching the castle thoroughly before people, and 'leaders', attend his next meeting. Better safe than sorry.

12. LordNoximos

Stratics Veteran

Quite jealous of this!

~Noximos of Atlantic.