1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] Level 6 maps

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Beastmaster, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

OK, here's something I haven't seen discussed and may be an area of concern. How will we get level 6 maps for Tokuno? Which mob will drop them? Where are the paragons in Tokuno? See where I'm going with this?

Now these questions are based on Petra's chart which shows level 6's only coming on certain paragon mobs and on a post in one thread which says maps found in a facet, when decoded, are for that same facet. There are some exceptions, like Miasma, which should provide some Malas maps, but are there others?

There will have to be more mobs besides paragons in order to have level 6 maps in all the facets or they will be restricted to Malas and Ilshenar.

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That's a very good question. The only way I can see getting them is inside a level 5 treasure chest, if the map happens to be one level higher. On all my tests on test center, I never got a map one level higher, so it will be pretty rare.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

We need someone on Test or Origin to go get a selection of chests off Miasma and open them.

Oh I did get a couple of level higher maps, in fact I just pulled a level 5 out of a level 4 chest while testing this barding problem that's been discovered.

4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I dont think, that lvl 6 maps should be too common.

5. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I was just reading this from the Statics paragon description:

That makes it sound like a paragon of a creature which normally has a level 4 map would have a level 5 chest and that the map inside the chest would be level 6. I don't think that was the intention of the author. The chest and the map would both be 5's correct?

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

hmm, I think whoever wrote that was a bit confused. I admit I've not looked at things I believed didn't need updating. I'll see if I can clarify it.

7. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I don't think they will be, once the hoarded ones are gone.

I just went to Ilshenar and found a nice quiet spot to farm for level 6 maps. I killed 153 normal creatures and 9 paragon versions. Of the 9 paragons I got 2 maps and 0 chests, so I got 0 level 6 maps. That was probably a little over 2 hours of farming.