1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Life without magic resist skill is miserable

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by blust3, Dec 2, 2007.

1. blust3

blust3 Guest

Every time I got paralyzed, I froze for 5 seconds. So I decided to drop one skill and get resist. The question is what I should drop?

My template (776 total skill points due to Mark of Travesty and 3 skills on jewelry):

25 Necromancy
    91 Chivalry
    120 Sword
    100 Anatomy
    100 Tactics
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    100 Heal

Skills that I could drop are heal, anatomy, tactics and chivalry.

If I drop heal, is "close wound" from chivalry enough to heal me?

I think no chivalry will make me even more miserable as I use EoO and Divine Weapon at all time.

So anatomy or tactics is the more possible choice for me since I don't use special move and I have enough Damage Increase items. As I understand, my bonus on Parry will get a hit from 32% (both GMs on anatomy and tactics) to 20% (only one GM). But it looks no big deal. Considering if I took Parry skill out, 32% bonus to zero is zero.

Right now, my choice is more likely tactics (I have jewelry skill points on anatomy). What do you guys think?

Thanks for any input.

2. Kakitasteel

Kakitasteel Guest

try using a low skill made tinker trap box, no skill loss... should be for sale on vendors on your shard.

3. I think that unless you want to PvP, resist is completely optional. There's nothing wrong with waiting a few seconds while you aren't getting beaten.

I won't say anything about if you do want to PvP, since I'm not that good at it yet. But even then, I haven't had many people throw paralyze at me lately.

So if you really are too impatient to wait, get the boxes. Those skills are all too valuable to lose in my opinion.

4. Valhakar

Valhakar Guest

Well a true melee Sammy/Chiv is pretty darn hard to create. You just have to go cold turkey on the bandage addiction.

Anatomy 90
    Fencing 110
    Bushido 120
    Chivalry 70
    Parry 120
    Resist 110
    Tactics 100