1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Light of the Winter Solstice - Ribbon

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RaDian FlGith, Dec 7, 2009.

1. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I swear that you used to be able to dye the "light of the winter solstice" so you could make its ribbon whatever color you wanted, but a clothing or a leather dye tub do nothing to it, and a furniture dye tub declares that it's not a piece of furniture.

It would be nice to be able to change the ribbon colors on these if possible.

Thanks.

2. Yalp

Yalp Guest

i never tried to dye the lights, but I did with Snowmen, and used the regular dye tub on it.

3. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

As of last year, this time of year, I was able to dye the ribbon portion of the lights... If I remember the ribbon highlighted as a separate part of the entire piece.

4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Just tried this with mine, The ribbon and candle are one piece and can't be dyed with any tub that I had. :(

5. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

Yup, you used to be able to dye the ribbon part. That's why you used to find them as junk all over the banks as people just didn't need the amount that they got and thus just dropped them on the floor.
    Don't know when it changed but probably when they started messing with the reward graphic files like the new cakes and stuff.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Does it matter? ..... they are one the more hideously ugly things in game... and about 10 times too large if you ask me... they need to be hit with a shrinking ray...

7. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'd kill to be able to snip the ribbons off and just keep the tall candles!

8. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

lmao!!! totally agree :D
    thank you MalagAste, i needed a good laugh today and your comment did the trick :)

9. canary

canary Guest

IIRC they were not made by actual artists, but by people like Binky (old community coordinator).

That would explain a lot.

10. Stranger

Stranger Lord of the Dance
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

:lol:

11. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Kinda odd, as far as I am aware you have NEVER been able to dye the ribbon on these candles. Reason I recollect this is having run a number of Christmas Parties on my shard, the one thing that always annoyed the hell out of me was that you couldn't. You could dye the ribbon on a snowman, the ribbon on a holiday wreath deed, the ribbon/colors of gift boxes, but for candles I had to sort through the candles owned by three of us to get 'matching' colors and of course I was always 1 or 2 short from the amount/color I actually needed.

Are you guys 'sure' your recollections are correct?

12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Stranger,
    That is too funny! LMAO hehe

And I am fairly sure I recall reading that when they came out it was intended that we'd be able to dye that ribbon.... I just never tried it nor cared cause I always thought they were hideously ugly.

But I agree I'd LOVE to clip that ugly ribbon off.... and If I can't shrink the candles then I'd like them to be about 3x as fat... at least 2x as wide in the "candle" not the super ugly ribbon.

13. LOL

14. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes. You used to be able to dye them. I believe it required a furniture tub, though.

15. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

100% sure

16. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

Well, you know, I have to say that if I had my choice, I'd shrink them down about 50%. However, I don't have my choice as far as that goes, and there are some times that having them are nice.

Since clearly the artwork supports being dyed (since they already come in a variety of colors), and since I'm 99% sure I used to be able to dye them, it'd be nice to have that functionality back.

17. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

*laughs* that so totally rocks!!!