1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Bushido] Lightning Strike & Bushi skill

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Tabby Kapak, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Tabby Kapak

Tabby Kapak Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I did try the search option but the word Lightning gets a lot of hits! :eek:
    I wanted to ask, is there a difference between Lightning Strike at 50 Bushido, or a Lightning Strike at 120 Bushido? Judging by the description of what it does it'll both be 50% hci and a chance for a critical? :confused:

Kindest regards all!!
    Tabby Kapak

2. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You need atleast 90 Bushido for LS to fire 100% chance of the time. Below 90 there is a chance of fizzle. At 90 you only have a 10% chance of a critical. At 50 you have 0 chance of a critical. I`m not 100% sure but at 120 you have a 20% chance for a critical.

Keep in mind if your Human or Elf your hci is capped at 45%. If your a garg your hci is capped at 50%

50 Bushido is the minium skill for being able to use perfection.

3. Tabby Kapak

Tabby Kapak Journeyman

Ah, thanks Zalan!!! :bowdown:
    Would HCI be useful on a suit if you use LS a lot? (Guess that is still needed because most ppl use their weapon specials a lot?)

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Yes, HCI is useful. It won't matter when you are using LS. But when you choose to do another attack, such as Armor Ignore and Feint, you'll want that HCI so you don't whiff against a boss. Those missed hits are often the demise of a sampire because all of your healing depends on leeching back life via hits.

I rank HCI under DCI, Stamina Increase, and DI for a sampire. For me, on any sampire suit I build I go 70/70/70/70/70 first while in vamp form, 45 DCI next, then max dex and stamina increase, then 100 DI with weapon. Then I fit in 20-25 HPI. After that I work to fit 40 LMC and 40-45 HCI. If I have HLD from the M&S Glasses I can get by with 30 HCI, but it is nice to have it higher. I like to use a lot of AIs so that 40 LMC comes in handy for me.

Hope that helps!

-OBSIDIAN-

5. Tabby Kapak

Tabby Kapak Journeyman

Thanks OBSIDIAN!!! Thanks a lot for the detailed breakdown of your priorities, another :bowdown: is in place hehehe. As you can see by my questions I am still learning, reading a lot everywhere and gathering information from the best here hehe. Takes a lot of time but better to prepare things well. :)