1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Linking or Unlinking accounts......

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Oct 27, 2011.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have been reading, recently, quite a few posts about linking or unlinking accounts on the Admin Web site.

I still have not been able to understand, whatever pros or cons there might be, about having accounts linked or unlinked.

Can someone please shed some light on why would a player want his/her accounts be linked or unlinked ??

Thanks.

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

.....linking multiple accounts to one master account lets you get to your multiple accounts by simply logging into one master account where they are all listed. This is opposed to having to get to each account separately by logging in/out/in... There isn't anything significantly special it's just convenience for those who have multiple accounts.

3. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

There is only one reason people want to be able to unlink an account. It is so they can Xfer it to the new owner.

4. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

I was asking, because I saw several posts about asking how to unlink an account but could not understand what could be the reasons for wanting an account unlinked.

Also, because it seems that while it is easy to link an account, but it is quite harder to unlink it, I was guessing that, before linking an account, one should think whether later on it might become necessary to unlink it for whatever reason and, thus, not link it in the first place.....

So, the only reason for wanting to unlink an account is when that account needs to be transferred to someone else ?

5. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Frodo, your wrong.

When Migration first came into being we werent told about the 9 accounts limit. I have currently about 18 accounts. Some of which are my own, some of which I've been given over time and the rest were trial. As we werent told about the limits I went ahead and linked the accounts in order then I found out about the 9 limit. Now I have the accounts spread over 3 emails. On my main email I want to get rid of the 'trash' accounts and link the decent accounts all to one email.

So no, it isnt the only need to unlink an account. The Unlinking is to correct a problem that wasnt documented at the begining.

6. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

they said you can have more than 9 accounts on one master account now - you just have to call them to do it - just so you know (this is a fairly recent change btw which is maybe why you didn't know about it)