1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

little help please

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by SyKo of GL, Jan 30, 2009.

1. SyKo of GL

SyKo of GL Guest

Hi, im kinda new to taming and have 2 questions from the experts. 1. Do you have to be elf to tame cu's or can you tame them if you are human? 2. Which is better for a tamer, disco or peace? current temp im going for is: 120 tame, 120 lore, 120 vet, 120 music, 120 (peace or disco) 110 mage. 710 cap (2 year vet)

any help would be greatly appreciated. =) thx

2. You need to be an elf to tame one but with the pads of Cu sidh you can ride one and control it if human. You do need to feed them alot if human or at least my wife has had too

Hope that helps

3. Nenime

Nenime Guest

Hi SyKo,

Peace for Taming (hostile creatures), Disco for hunting. Best if you got both - if you can get hold of a Soulstone.

4. SyKo of GL

SyKo of GL Guest

thanks for the input, it is greatly appreciated, and i like the soulstone idea. why choose one if you can have both =P

5. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Disco can also help in taming by reducing the target's damage to you when you when it hits you.

6. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I like disco, for clearing out spawn, till the right animal spawns, the one u wanna tame. If its a hard one, i normally just call a friend to help.

7. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

don't tell Wenchy I said this....but peace doesn't help that much if you can lead tame and drop the occasional invis if things get too hot.

It really isn't that hard...I taught myself to do it on cu's and I do it for all aggressives now. I lead tamed a my first grt dragon even.

Disco will definately help keep your pet alive in a tough fight,

8. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

Or... what's even better than peace... invoke honor and tame. Works like a charm for Greater Dragons.

;)

Made a disco tamer myself, but skill gains for both skills are... well, nothing near nice, so he'll be finished in a couple years... maybe... :/