1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

little help with IMBUING please

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by uorichreallifepoor, Sep 11, 2009.

1. uorichreallifepoor

uorichreallifepoor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

just want to know if there is a easier way than my way, im at 86.0 imbuing and how i got there is with dagers first i get one of my 2000 dull copper hammers:thumbsup:than i make 50 daggers, do that till i get 125 dagers in my unravel bag than go to ter mur unravel them get my 200-210 magical residue go buy some 500 or so ambers than add hit dispel to dagers i first made with a smith hammer and reg ingts.:wall:than repeat over and over agn:wall:please is there a easier way please anyone ????????:eyes:

2. Endrik

Endrik Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Nope... thats crafting for ya. Im at 95.1 and its been a long boring haul. While I DO NOT think that they should make the skill any easier to gain... its still a bit mind numbing. Its funny how by the time you get the skill trained high enough to do anything with it, you dont want to have anything to do with it. LoL.

3. pacific cruiser

pacific cruiser Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes it is a long haul hit 80 and so far used 30 DC runic hammers and around 7k of 4 different jewels

4. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Lucky for you I'm a nice guy and I'm going to spill the beans.

First, make sure you are imbuing exceptional crafted weapons or armor. They increase the difficulty and that is the basis of the gain speed.

Second, imbue the item with luck to 90. Once you succeed re-imbue it with dispel and you will see the difficulty in the 60 range and only use 1 of each mat. So instead of repeating a higher level mat and spending more you spend less on repeat imbues.
    :pancakes:

5. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Good info guys. Thanks.

6. uorichreallifepoor

uorichreallifepoor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

thank you so much because of you im now at 96.3 you are the reason i still play ultima its people like you that make the game fun.:thumbup:

7. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Glad to be of help. Another trick you can do is to make the items you are going to imbue with a dull copper or shadow hammer increasing the difficulty even more.

Also, make sure to eat the 115 imbuing scroll. You get better gains the farther apart your max is from your current.

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm imbuing random loot pickup up along my travels, but it's very slow due to needing to puzzle-through how to min-max the best gains for the least gems on each piece. Still, it can be an alternative to grinding if you want to train a little on the side.

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Do wands, they are very consistent around 85-high 90's for what you need to do (imbue once with hit area then a second time with resist).