1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Live Events page

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hildebrand, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The Live Events page has been left untouched since October. Should it mention the Chosen Bane event? Is the "Hide and Seek" started yet? (lol)

Didn't they say they were going to revamp the website or was that wishful thinking?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think that was Chrissay's project. We lost Chrissay.

3. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

I sure hope someone else is now in charge of it. I'd hate the site to stay neglected. A neglected site gives off a bad vibe.

4. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

I've given it some thought and this is what I think would improve the Live Events page. The "Live Events" page should be broken into two sections:
    1) Actual in-game live events like the Bane Chosen, Halloween, or Thanksgiving, or Lt. Dan events. That way, people (current subscribers and past) can CLEARLY see what's going on currently (and ideally, future events). This might even encourage old players to check it out.
    2) List the fiction to go with it as well. The Live stories should be separated somehow.

I suggest a clear distinction between the "stories" and the in-game events.
    Why two sections? Because some people want the fiction, some people just want the game play events, and a lot of us want both fiction and events.
    I do like the RSS feed link. I use it, but it's of no use if there's no update.

Problem with the main www.uoherald.com page is that eventually, the events get lost and pushed out of existence with all the news and patches. That's why we SHOULD have an easy to find "Live Events" section.

While on the subject.....
    The "stories" should get properly placed in the Archives. Once they 'fall off' the page, that is. Preferably in descending order or date (newer first). Please don't let the stories get lost into oblivion. It's your job and responsibility to properly document everything.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

5. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

The community relations guy we share with WAR and he only seems to post on WAR's boards.

WAR actually has a website that looks like it was created in the last 10 years, while UO's languishes in the 90's.

UO is EA's red-headed stepchild and will never get the proper amount of love or customer service that it deserves.

6. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Sadly, my thoughts run along these lines :

All those are reasonable enough ideas, and useful, and probably what should be done. All those would take staff time and resources. Unless someone at EA/Mythic takes up doing them in their own time, I reckon hell will freeze over before they are done, because it's nowhere on the list of priorities from the current management.

7. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

Sadly, you guys are probably right.

I just don't get how companies let their websites go, when in truth, it's the portal and face of the product. I have a hard time pointing someone to the "official" site when I know that it will be of little help.
    Word of mouth can only take you so far... and lately word of mouth is getting sparse.

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If it were within my power to do something about it I would, but it isn't, and I can't.

So I've spent the past year + doing the next best thing (IMHO) I've gotten uo.stratics up to speed instead.