1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Lock downs on ships?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Anon McDougle, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I'd be for it, even if it were a limited list of items:

Lanterns, Stools/Chairs, etc. I'm sure a good list and argument for each could be made. The fish oil for lanterns SEEMED like a good idea last publish, but it does no good if the lanterns are still decaying.

What can I say, I'd like some lighting effects on my boat that does NOT involve Nightsight or constant replacement of lanterns.

2. It would help make ships more "home" like

3. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

These should be at the top of the list.

I could see them not wanting people to make houseboats since it would create a lot of lag, but given how much crap you can throw in the holds, a half dozen or so lockdowns on the ship itself would be nice.

4. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

It'd have to be a specific list of items that could be locked down (maybe have special coded items for sale at the emporium maybe?).

I'd start the list with Lanterns and Stools.

Things to NOT let be locked down:

Containers, stacked items, items that block movement, deeded house addons

5. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I agree. Especially as it relates to stools and lighting sources. Of course there are kind of modified lockdowns on the Brit boats but that is not the same thing.

6. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Never gonna happen, game code and for that matter the servers can't handle mobile lockdowns.
    Can you imagine taking a 'houseboat' over a serverline?

Good idea but the game is to old with people incharge that don't care.

(for proof just look at what can be done on freeshards then look at what a paid staff does.....)