1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

locked down items deleted?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Alea, May 14, 2011.

1. Alea

Alea Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Just wondering if anyone else has recently been bit by a bug that delted locked down items at server maintence? Within the last week I have lost a chest full of items and other items. :rant2:

2. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I also lost a chest full of expensive items just a few days ago. The chest has been locked down for years and I haven't even looked in it for a long time. Just "poof" one day it was gone.

I paged a GM who responded within just a few minutes and he spent a considerable amount of time trying to find it for me, but no luck.

3. Alea

Alea Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure if I should be happy or sad for you also. I lost all my SA ingredients, relic frags, residue. All of which I had been stacking since the day the upgrade was released. At first I thought maybe I forgot to lock it down then I went to another floor in my house and a pedestal and one of my rows of runebooks was gone also, and I know I locked those down. I didn't page a GM because I have never had luck getting anything back lost by game glitches. The few times I have paged I have gotten a sorry we can't help you reply.

And Fayled Dreams thanks for the link but I don't think its related that bug seems to be with people being able to somehow access locked chests, the security level seems to somehow change. The items I lost were safely locked down when I locked out and next time I logged in they were gone.

4. nynyve

nynyve Guest

I hope that they replace these items, and all items that have been lost to bugs lately. The reasoning that "some of them may have been sold," as grounds for not replacing items, punishes the innocent and honest.

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Can you folks who lost chests of items please provide more details? For example, what type of chest was it--something from a deed or just a regular old container? Was it secured or just locked down? What was the access setting? Which floor of the house was the container on? Was it sitting on top of anything else such as another container, gaza deed, pedestal, carpet, etc.? If it was on a floor other than the ground floor, what was located under the item on the floor(s) below? Thanks.

6. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The chest I lost was a paragon chest. It was the bottom one in a stack of 5 on the ground floor of my castle. It was secured and set to friends. It contained all my robes and cloaks, such as vet and conjurer's etc. Nothing was under the chest and I hadn't even accessed it for a long long time. Nothing else was missing.

7. Alea

Alea Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

My chest was a white metal paragon chest, it was located on my 3rd floor. It was the top chest (stacked 2 high). Since I had just sold my Magincia lot half the items were deeded the other half were not as I said in an earlier post my chest contained all my SA ingredients (essence, relic frags, magical residue, medusa scales, enchanted essence, gorgon lenses, crystaline blackrock, and every other SA ingredient I haven't named yet) All of which I had been collecting since the release of the expansion. My 3 runebooks and pedestal were located on the 2nd floor within 7 tiles of where the chest deleted. I never contacted a GM because they have never benn able to help in the past when things have dissappeared in game. The only contact I have made to EA was through this forums in the ask the devs section and my question has yet to be answered.

I can tell you that since I started playing UO 4 years ago I have lost over 100Mill in items due to bugs like these. :yell: