1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

LOCKED!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by SoulWeaver, Feb 14, 2009.

1. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Please post or PM or icq me thanks!

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Dude... Your addiction to pixel is alarming... *winks*

3. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

So is his addiction to whining about thieves...la

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Yeah? Make a good snag?

5. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well to be honest. The theft of one of the roses from the table, between then the EM unlocked it, and when he tried to pick it up, was out of line. I know this is seige. But the EM was trying to make this a nice event. He could have simply had no roses for display, not go through all the trouble he did. Just had them in his pack. So to try and take advantage of his kindness was a bit much.

6. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

I agree as well, it's a lil screwed up that "Red" did that. But whatever he returned it and on we went. Dam thieves.

Buying Cupid Roses Please? I need 5 more!

7. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

man when you got mad skillz, you just gots to use em!.. You if anyone knows abot that Soul...:D

8. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Red you shamed the brotherhood when you returned the rose. The EM started whining like a Trammy about calling devs.

This is Siege, there's nothing you did wrong.

9. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

I had it in my bank... but thought EM Alchor was "cool" and to be a good community person, returned it. My opinion has since changed towards Alchor and regret a bit returning it. Oh well, one less dumb piece of pixel in my house.

10. I was a little confused by that, as well. Tonight's was the first EM event I've ever attended on Siege...so when EM Alcor said:
    EM Alcor: Can I please have the missing rose?
    EM Alcor: Otherwise I will have to get the authorities in
    EM Alcor: And I will be far, far less tolerant of thieves again
    EM Alcor: I let you walk around unmolested
    EM Alcor: and steal from people
    ...it made me wonder. Was he really being lenient? Isn't this the Siege ruleset throughout, or does it differ depending on the occasion?

It would be nice to know such things in advance. (I'd rather not attend if the rules are to be altered :)

11. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

I think it differs depending on the occasion to be honest.. not saying the EM shouldn't of been more careful and had it thought out better to when he unlocked the items but he did his best. Thank you all for giving him a break.

12. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Red did nothing wrong. Stealing the rose all most ranks up there with killing Lord British. If he didn't give it back it would have been deleted anyways

13. Azural Kane

Azural Kane Guest

No.

14. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

15. TheScoundrelRico

Actually, he did. He gave the item back, lol. Talk about an instant classic memory for Siege lore...now that lore is tainted...he returned it, lol. Even if it had been deleted, he could take claim that the devs had to step in to revoke his steal. Hell, the least he could have done is to request an EM item in return for the rose...a little token to hold for memories...rofl. Nice grab anyway Red...la

16. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Ditto, nice grab red. You should have kept the rose though. It seems the EM fits perfectly here on SP. Something goes wrong for him and he whines and threatens until he gets his way. Welcome to siege EM!

17. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

Guys he's new hes trying to the community by holding these events... If you dont want him im sure they can send him to another shard and he can hold it else where in trammel. He's trying to get a few things going here. No need to give him a rough time doing it.

18. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

YOU NEED 5 MORE?!

Well I only have 4.

Muhaha

19. TheScoundrelRico

Maybe they should have selected someone with Siege experience, so they might know what to expect...la

20. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

May you should go put in an application...

21. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Seriously. This is hardly us giving him a rough time. We are discussing where he messed up, perhaps he'll read this and learn from it?

22. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I admit, it does make an awesome story for a thief to make a grab such as that, but I just feel it was in bad taste. As stated, he set the roses out and gussied the hall up for us. For someone to act like that is just a bit ridiculous in my eyes. Wasn't being able to steal from the well stocked reds enough?

23. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

Perhaps he'll just make it a no steal zone next time and you "thieves" wont be able to contribute stealing from the people at the event...

24. TheScoundrelRico

Bah, you guys weren't well stocked. Granted I did get a few items, but nothing to write home about...la

25. Black magick

Black magick Guest

That's probably his next step anyway. Although, its not like it would really affect me or any other thief really.

26. TheScoundrelRico

Are you still whining about this? Sheesh. Like I said, you had no problem killing other players, but you have a problem with people stealing from you? ROFL.

And just to clarify, the stealing skill wasn't used to take the rose...la

27. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

When I played a thief, the importance of items went like this:

If I was a thug thief:
    -Steal to annoy
    -Steal to make defenseless
    -Play stabby until they drop

If I was a disarm thief:
    -Steal to annoy
    -Steal shiny weapon, especially if it was nice.

The first one though, was why I stole. I knew everyone hated thieves, I added nothing to the community and pissed everyone off, and I loved it. The best feeling ever was stealing a vanq weapon and scurrying off with the entirety of Brit gate on my coat tails.

28. TheScoundrelRico

That's great. Personally, I don't play a thief to annoy. But if that's why you did...WONDERFUL!!!...la

29. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Keep trying Rico. I like how you say la after everything too, are you Galad, did you ever play with LuT? or COP? Probably not, but keep reaching and trying to be like someone who was actually a good thief.

30. TheScoundrelRico

Actually, I did back on Atlantic I played with Galad, Joe, Jelly, etc...however nice try on your part. I've used "...la" since 1988, long before UO was around...la

31. TheScoundrelRico

To clarify, that was Evil Galad on Atlantic, but I did talk Neutral Galad into starting Siege, he just ended up quitting before finishing his character. FYI, none of the Galad's were thieves...they were looters. Bad Manner ^^ ...la

32. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Was referring to LuT in general.

33. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Hmm.... aside from the shiny weapon stealing, I didn't see any good reason to play a thief on that list.

34. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well if your a thug thief, steal to provoke, and kill. Free kills, no red. And steal to make defenceless ties in with thug, or for raids, Even if it was a PvM raid back in the day. I loved thief. Was fun.

35. TheScoundrelRico

Yes, I played with some of them on Atlantic, but also played with them on a shard not to be named...la

36. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

This server seems to be sounding more and more like trammel.

What gives, theives are suppose to steal?

I just dont see why people wouldnt expect and/or prepare for thieves and not allow themselves (the EM) to be in that position.

Red that was a very nice "scoop", sorry you werent allow'd to participate in the second part of the event. I dont understand the logic behind that one but oh well. Nice guys finish last apprently.
    Whats next insurance?

37. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Its nothing to do with trammel. It woulda been nice if he coulda kept it. Dont get me wrong. Great grab. However, many enjoyed the events. And that was the most people I have seen on the same screen all at once in a long time. So although it was a good steal, and he did deserve to keep it. If that meant that he just got item deleted, gained nothing, and the EM started going super strict on the events, and or holding less, then we all lose. And what has he gained? A super story about how a GM had to come delete his item? Comeon really. Wish he coulda kept it. But I wouldnt wanna see events ruined over it. And now I bet next time there is no displayed prizes, or he has orange efields up around them, or invis walls preventing you from getting close. And really that ruins the atmosphere of an event. And restricts game play. And if he made a thief free zone, then that would suck too. I was getting revealed and snooped at event. And it was all good. Thats thier job. And I didnt carry anything worth crap on me. Some aids, and regs. About it.

So for someone who quit, you sure do seem tied to opinions of a game, and shard you do not play.

38. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

The past few EM(s) appearances were its(their) learning curve. Even in Trammel people can pick things up once they're unlocked. This kind of silliness was only restricted to EM(s) who did not think of the potential outcomes involved. The brotherhood has already shown that no one is above the lawlessness.. we did this to teach, else we would not have let it be public knowledge.

And if future events ban thieves it shows what sorts of Trammelization you have stooped to just to have an EM. Public events in a private home? Come on people.. that smacks of bias and almost guarantees bans/exclusions based on personal issues.

This is Siege people, you know it. Hate us if you will, but we are part of the reason you came to Siege. We keep you on you feet and keep you from getting careless with your loot. We all know that a vet Siege player would fair 100x better than a regular Trammel vet on a given shard.

Next time an event is held, it had better be in public places 100% of the time.

39. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I agree 100% sweeney. I have no issue with thiefs. Hell I used to play one. And would play one again if I had the SS for it. And I agree it was thier stupidity. Sure as an EM or GM it doesnt show when something is released, or if its locked down. So simple repeated pulls would net you an item. Which is what happened. And I dont think that the red did anything wrong. He didnt break any rules, or use an exploits. Nor do I wanna see events not be 100% public, with reds, and duals, and thiefs. As I agree this is what seige is based around. However I do think it was a little low of a move that could have/can ruin future events. And well events that bring the shard together are far and few between. And a major boost to the RPers out there. So there was nothing for him to gain from taking it, and not returning it. Since the item would have been deleted (not that I agree with that, but we all know it woulda happened), chances of a GM or the EM giving him anything as a trade, is about what we all expect....0%. And without returning it, he threatened to choke back on the thieves. And well that crimps not only your game. But mine aswell. If I wanted candy land, I woulda went to trammel/prodo shard when I came back to UO, or Id go play WoW. Not what I want, Not what many want.

I agree better be 100% public, 0 restrictions. But if this keeps happening again, you know its gonna become a 90% seige, 10% trammel over time.

40. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Strong words... But you left out the or else part. *laughs*

41. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

There is no or else.. having events in private places shows the bias involved in holding said events. Laugh all you want, I thought you were at least, in game, for all templates. Stick up for the shard man.

42. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*smiles* I am for all Siege can be, all "templates". Pretty sure that is well known. *nods* Disrupting events... no.

43. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Red's theft would have been among the legendary Siege thefts, had he not given it back. He did so out of the (irrational) kindness of his heart. He gave everyone involved some excitement. Event disruption? No, just a learning experience. We all know Alcor-bunny-lover could have gotten a rose by another-same name for the winner and it would have smelled just as sweet.

44. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

And if I may add, the EM whined about "Allowing thieves" and never even gave a thanks when the rose(s) were returned.

45. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I have known Red for a long time. he is kind and even funny. He is a pleasure to share the game with. He is a fun guy.

You on the other hand are not. *notices a personal attack* I will give you a moment to edit...

46. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Personal attack? I didn't know EMA was so close to you.. or did I? Nonetheless I shall edit my post. After all this is Stratics not UO, and EMA is not a member here, thus holding no grounds for such action.

47. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Personal attacks are never good. A sign of weakness in my opinion. Thank you for complying to the rules.

48. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Kelmo-bunny-lover

Add something to the discussion or start giving infractions.

49. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*smiles* As you wish...