1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Locking down multi-tile addons

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Irulia Darkaith, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Quick question.

After I break a multi-tile add-on do I have to lock down the remaining parts if I never go into customization mode? For example, I'm working on my castle and breaking up some of the large forges - will the remaining pieces decay if I don't lock them down?

#1 Irulia Darkaith, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I broke up large forges in my castle, and never had to lock the pieces down, but that was years ago. If your really not sure, and your doing a big project with them break one and see if the pieces are still there the next day.
    So you know the large forge is animated in the EC client so the forge is on fire.

3. Irulia Darkaith

Thanks for the warning - I don't often play in the EC client - oh well, back to the drawing board.

4. Logan Anderson

Logan Anderson Visitor

What are you working on that requires broken forges ms.Irulia? There may be an easy workaround.

5. Irulia Darkaith

Still working on a way to make realistic walls to build an additional floor on my castle. I tried stacking dyed display cases but would need a lot of them and not happy with the smooth "marble" look on the sides. Dyed large forges look great, even the embers on top aren't a problem but noticed that in the EC there is a periodic burst glow effect of flame that actually spills out the sides of the forge - looks horrible - unless I want it too look like the place is on fire. Also tried dyed water troughs - again I would need to make a lot of them, and the "wooden" side texture isn't going to fit with the look. I might just go ahead with the forges as planned and just not use the EC (my New Years resolution was to give the EC with Pinco a try but there are some things I really don't like about it).

6. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Could try stacking the "display" stone - the square stone that you get for winning the puzzle in Abyss

Or heartwood chests look nice too.

7. Irulia Darkaith

I have tried the display stones and they will be incorporated into the design but to use them as wall would require about 500 of them and the little plaques on the front of the pedestals start to look a little odd when you use a lot of them. I did consider various containers stacked but haven't been happy with the look so far. Maybe I'll try a sizeable mock-up and see how they go. Either that or stay with the forges and just forget about how it looks on the EC - really not happy with some of the display issues.

Thanks though and keep the ideas coming.

8. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

EC bothers me for decorating because it changes how it looks.

I would also suggest trying different things on Test Center, that way you dont waste resources but can definitely get a taste for a wall