1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Lock Picking] Lockpick houses?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Petra Fyde, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Do we need to update this listing?
    http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/publiclockpicking.shtml

or do the lockpick changes, and lockpick location runes in the rune library section make it pretty much obsolete?

Updating it will take a lot of work, so I'd rather know if it's needed before I actually tackle it.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I figure it probably needs to be redone from scratch.

Basic: Keep the house names and coordinates. Pictures of the house would be optional (map to the site would be better than pics of a house that could get remodeled). Owner name and contact material should be optional, possibly moved to the Facilities section.

Facilities: Lose the number of boxes, keep the types (by tinker skill level) available for training. Have a Standard format for the Other facilities...

Example:

Shard: Lake Austin

Name: Treasure Hunters of Britannia Guildhouse
    Region: Compassion Desert Crossroads
    Owner Contact info: send PM to "Basara" on Stratics. (or ICQ, e-mail, etc. if used on a regular basis - not mandatory)
    Training Boxes Available: 30/50/75/GM Tinker (Roof)
    Vendors: None (for some houses this could be Owner's vendors, guild-only or rental vendors - specify if map or lockpicks are sold)

Other Facilities:
    THB System Map Rune Books (first floor)
    Goodman System Rune Books (third floor)
    Crystal Portal (first floor)
    (Other types of runebooks/library would be listed here, or House teleporters to other locations)

3. Derium of ls

Derium of ls Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

currently making a lockpicking house on LS (fel one and tram). Should be done tonight, I'll submit it.

for example, the fel house will have also a fel runebook library, should I submit it twice? (once each) or just once stating it has both there?

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I wasn't sure if a seperate listing was needed, most are the same as the libraries. But I guess if it needs doing, I better do it.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Combining the lists would probably be fine, just with an indicator if one is just LP or just a library, instead of being both.