1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Lockpick training

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Banner, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Banner

Banner Guest

Just wondering if anybody else is or had a hard time gaining in lockpicking. I am following the lockpicking facts and out of 150 lockpicks i gained .01. I am currently at 25.3 lockpicking. I am using UOAssit which is a God send :D Just wondering if thier is anything else i should do? Oh yea I did go to Trsnic Bank and the same thing.. NO GAINS....

2. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Not certain why your having trouble gaining but for another good spot Vesper bank the room in back that has the most crates/chest are all lvl1 and 2, they used to respawn every 15-20mins so was nice place to train (well as long as Vesper isnt invaded, hehe)

3. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

Vesper is a good spot as well as having a Tinker make 2 sets of boxes. The first set is just lockable crates or boxes. The second set is GM tinker boxes. The first set will take you to 70-80. The last set will take you to 95. Then Vesper metal chests will take you to GM. Its a pain in the a#$%, but it worked for me. Oh and lastly invest in Hiding and Stealth. That way you can hit Vesper during an invasion safely.

4. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Go pick the storage boxes and crates in the provisioners in West Brit. I guarantee your gains will come a lot faster than they are now at your skill level.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Also check with your local THB chapter. Some of them (like mine) have boxes all the way down to 25-30 tinker skill made and locked down for public use, which will allow someone to train at very low levels. For example, on Lake Austin, it's possible to train all the way from 0 to 95 at the THB house.

6. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Looks like there is still a lockpicking house on LS. I found this one on another thread:

Lake Superior
    1 screen north of tram yew gate
    Name of house is now Mohawk Vendors

Should get you to 95 in no time.

7. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

With the change from 8x8 toward the RNG the need for sets of lock boxes disappeared. Has this changed?

I use to run a Catskills LP tower with 300+ boxes of various levels, but as a test after the change I went from 0-95 in 2 long days with the help of uo assist and single gm box. (Bought to 30 then started picking).

if you are struggling at that level all I can think is you are way too low in skill level...if you can't buy it higher, find a character with a tinker/carpenter.

8. FatMagic

FatMagic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I am having the same trouble as the OP... i've trained to 31 Lockpicking via Thieve's Guild master, and only got 1 skill gain. I've killed over 300 lockpicks on the Vesper bank boxes alone, and no skill gain. I created a Tinker, made a skill level 50 locked box, a skill level 60 locked box, and a skill level 70 box for later... the skill 50 box is giving me no gains either :(

Not sure what I'm doing wrong :(

9. FatMagic

FatMagic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

OO! I was able to get it to work in my house! Neato! I'm finally gaining :)