1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

lockpicking gains

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by killer instinct, Feb 3, 2009.

1. I have a miasma chest locked down and am trying to pick it.Gains are fast and furious.Hope it lasts to gm.
  2. I went from 50 to 70 in 1 hr using 600 lockpicks.I have prolly spent just as much time making picks so far.I will let you know how I do soon from here
  3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    Here's a trick when you get closer to GM. At about 90 grab yourself a GM tinkered locked box, and as many picks as you can carry. Head into twisted weld and get yourself disco'd by a Satyr (attack one, stay far enough away until he disco's you, then run back outside the gate to lose agro, then right back in and glue yourself to his butt), and then pick away. You'll break a lot of picks, but you'll get gains faster while discorded. Makes it easier to get to GM. That's how I did it.
  4. I will try that when the time comes.ty for the info.So everyone knows gains got slow hehe.I did gain 5 more points to go to 75 skill with 1400 lockpicks.It will get harder but I am determined.
  5. just to let you know whats going on.After 75 miamsa chest stopped gaining.I went to vesper and had great success to 84.Very fast gains.Now I am at ice ogre chests and have gained to 91.8.slowed but not too bad.
  6. 92 and I think it is time for boxes.Now is the hard part hehe
  7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    boxes will get you to 95 then do the dungeon chests one of my favorite spots is despise on the bottom level there are several chests that respon fairly fast i used those made some loot killed some ogres and general was bored but it works