1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Lockpicking house

Discussion in 'UO Drachenfels' started by Legacyee, May 12, 2008.

1. Legacyee

Legacyee Guest

If anyone needs a Lockpicking house I have attemped to set one up, please let me know if there is anything wrong or needed in it.
    How to find it:-

If you are at the bank in Britain just walk south over Gung farmers Bridge and turn south onto the road to trinsic past the Blacksmiths guild go careful down the little slope it can be slippery when wet, walk past the four workers huts and on past the road to the stables, when you come to the next junction take the road to the coast, follow that road untill you come to my humble little house (we are sat right on the beach, really nice in summer) and just use the teleport rune to get to the top floor

Please relock all boxes when you have finished

And do not be afraid to moan or whinge about anything you find

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Do you have any tips to train disarm ?

3. Legacyee

Legacyee Guest

I can't help you I'm afraid I know nothing about disarm, I can teach you how to run away and hide behind someone else shaking like a little girl but when it comes to anything to do with fighting I am probably Drachenfels worst. :)

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Ooops sorry i did not wrote that right. Its disarm trap i wanted to know how i could raise that.

And the first things you learn in UO is how to run like a little girl..... even if they look like knights in shiny white armor! ;)

5. Legacyee

Legacyee Guest

ah..to disarm trap I use magery and stand well back using telekinesis or sometimes in a tight spot I will try and use magic untrap but that often fails me, which can be a pain

6. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I use telekinese too. I'm trying to raise the skill but its soooooooo slow. Most of the time ifail and end up death with no skill gain. I just want to try to rely on my skills. And its always fun to have strange skills to GM. I have begging too. :)

7. Legacyee

Legacyee Guest

I totally agree with having strange skills, but begging is one I have never tried, one of my favorites is herding and it goes very well with taming
    It does seem that the more useful a skill the longer it takes to gain points

8. Boogieman

Boogieman Guest

I tried raising remove trap (as I believe the skill is called) once. As far as I know (my knowledge may be outdated though - I've recently returned after 3 years of abscense) it follows the same guidelines as lockpicking; difficulty- and target- based.
    When I trained I began on the small boxes you find in any shop on the counter. The traps on these chests aren't that dangerous either. I don't know how far these will take you skillwise, but it's a start.
    To continue you probably need a low-skilled tinker to trap some boxes you can practice on.
    I would guess it's harder to GM in terms of time - since you have to heal (or res - hahaha) a lot between failed attempts.

But hey - let me know if you want some trapped boxes. I have a tinker in training.

And thanks Legacyee - I've been enjoying the hospitality of your excellent home and gained some lockpicking. Everything worked smoothly for me.

9. Legacyee

Legacyee Guest

I am happy to have been of service and if you want anything else in there just give me a shout on here (I have been away on my holidays for two weeks so nothing has been done all that time) :)

10. Boogieman

Boogieman Guest

Hi Legacyee

Actually there is a bit of a problem - I can't use the GM tinkered boxes / key rings, so if you could check those it would be great.

Thanks!

11. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I take a keg of Greater Cure with a bottle (for a newbie who cant cast reliable arch cure) and go to vesper bank. A good resist armor helps too.
    There are various trapped chests with different difficulties. These help you to gain to a level, in which you rarely will fail at a dungeon chest.
    The static dungeon chests are also interesting, sometimes they are triple trapped and beautiful deadly. If the show 0 content, you may have to open them once and then return after some minutes.
    (If you check them with detect hidden and you get no message, the traps are not enabled.)
    At that level go through the lockpicking spots and remove the traps. This should bring you to around 76 skill level and earn a lot of gold (if you have lockpicking).
    After that - if you really need it, since even with 100 skill you will fail on treasure chests) try those for gain - or crafted, but those will not give you anything back in exchange.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

12. Legacyee

Legacyee Guest

@Boogieman
    Sorry about the problem you had with the box's, I can only blame the cleaner,rolleyes: she must have reset the box's and key's security to owner only, they have been fixed now.

Just a minute, I'm the cleaner,:blushing: they must have reset themselves

*make's mental note to stop telling lie's*

13. Boogieman

Boogieman Guest

Hehehe - yeah I know, it's hard to find good staff these days eh?

Much obliged

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!