1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Lock Picking] Lockpicking Houses / Training Houses

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Deathknight22, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Deathknight22

Deathknight22 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Seen quite a few people making treasure hunters and most of them don't really know good areas to train. Remembering a few years back, I was training at a lock picking station someone setup in their house. So with that being said, I'd like for people to post locations of any known lock picking houses or training areas that they know of.

I set one up in my house on the Atlantic shard with a vendor selling lock picks.

38.24'N 41.33'E is the location of my station.

2. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

That's a good idea, maybe Mapper can make a thread for Treasure Map Libraries and Luckpicking Training Houses and sticky it. It would need to have a submission format so that everyone posts theirs the same way and the thread stays neat and organized.

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

You can train up to 95 lock picking using just one GM made box. The last 5 points use dungeon chests or that Satyr trick.

4. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

DJ is right....and the satyr trick works wonders. With a little bit of work you can setup a macro or two to unlock and then relock the box as well, makes LPing a bit less cumbersome.

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Lockpick -- wait for target -- cursor target current -- delay 1.5s (rince and repeat)

[​IMG]

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I have lockpicking practice boxes at public houses on two shards, as shown below.

BALHAE
    This house is just east of the Zento (Makoto Jima) moongate. Coordinates are approximately 35o 31'N, 35o 0'W in Tokuno. The boxes are right in front, on the steps.

balhae lockpicking boxes.jpg

SIEGE PERILOUS
    This house is also east of the Zento (Makoto Jima) moongate, but a little further north. Coordinates are approximately 38o 20'N, 34o 35'N. The boxes are on the second floor of the little shack next to the main house. (Teleporter to the 2nd floor there is on the north wall of the shack, just next to the dye tubs.) If you want to train with these boxes, just send me a PM or ICQ message and let me know, as the house is public but there's no way to get into it unless you're friended to use a teleporter tile in front. I do ask that "friends" of the house use good manners as a guest of the house and refrain from fighting and stealing while on the premises.

siege lockpicking house.jpg siege lockpicking boxes.jpg